GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

No more "Stubby No-Mod" (Bucket Seats)

Go down 
+2
Shaneomac
cbshea13
6 posters
AuthorMessage
cbshea13

cbshea13

No more "Stubby No-Mod" (Bucket Seats) Empty
PostSubject: No more "Stubby No-Mod" (Bucket Seats)   No more "Stubby No-Mod" (Bucket Seats) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 7:37 pm

So, Mr. Tim has once again gone above and beyond!

(First, he allows me to use his garage to replace my water pump)....then he shows me the seats I am to put in.  So, I let it rip! (without actually ripping anything!) (Edit: Tim also showed me what had to be done and how to make the adjustments)

The removal was a piece of cake.  2 screws to remove the plastic covers, and 2 bolts in the front.  2 screws and 4 bolts in the rear.  Remove the tracks.  Now the tricky part - the passenger side was about 1/2 an inch off - but there are already holes there - so 2 washers, bolt and nut.  It was a tight fit, but it went in perfectly.  Now, the HUGE difference.  The manual seat tracks sit WAY lower.  My daughters thought this was cool.  But no way I can see an adult sitting there for an extended period of time.  So in the nearish future, I hope to switch to the power seat tracks on the passenger side - to see if that helps lift it up some, without any further modifications being needed.

The driver side was very easy to remove.  The problem - the brackets don't exactly line up to the power seat.  Tim's keen eye is unbelievable.  I mean, I'm still blown away by this amazing feat.  One must drill a few (we did all 4) holes in the old bracket to get it to line up.  Time measured one side - marked the spot.  Then drilled 4 holes (top left/right and bottom left/right).  I bolted on the old bracket to the seat...and all the holes line up perfectly.  Yes, you read that last line correctly.  I then put in the seat, plug in my wiring (I am still using the door seat controls)...then move the seat to line up the back two holes - and they fall right into place.  Yes - that is correct, first time, perfect fit on the back of the seat.  I start the nuts, and leave them a bit loose to adjust as needed.  Go to the front - um WHAT!?  They are already in place as well.  Yes, the driver's seat fit in perfectly with no adjustments or tight fit.  *scratches head, shrug*  Tighten bolts...and replace trim pieces. (I have not put trim back on, was dark and will do in the future after I find a center console I deem worthy!)

So thank you Tim, without you, I'd still be in that bench seat with a leaking water pump!  (Till at least March on the water pump - when it warms up!)

I'll upload better pics when it gets bright enough to see without my interior lights on!

No more "Stubby No-Mod" (Bucket Seats) IMG_20150104_183921501

No more "Stubby No-Mod" (Bucket Seats) IMG_20150104_183921501

Oh, and the seats are a TON more comfortable to ride on then the cloth, soft bench seats.  These are much more firm, and give support in the right places.
Back to top Go down
Shaneomac

Shaneomac

PostSubject: Re: No more "Stubby No-Mod" (Bucket Seats)   No more "Stubby No-Mod" (Bucket Seats) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 8:43 pm

It sounds like you had a split bench then and not a true manual one piece bench? I have a set of bonnie seats already waiting for warmer weather tho to take out my one piece bench and see what's under there.
Back to top Go down
cbshea13

cbshea13

PostSubject: Re: No more "Stubby No-Mod" (Bucket Seats)   No more "Stubby No-Mod" (Bucket Seats) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 8:47 pm

Shaneomac wrote:
It sounds like you had a split bench then and not a true manual one piece bench? I have a set of bonnie seats already waiting for warmer weather tho to take out my one piece bench and see what's under there.

Yes, it was a 60/40 split. That annoying armrest is gone! lol.
Back to top Go down
Shaneomac

Shaneomac

PostSubject: Re: No more "Stubby No-Mod" (Bucket Seats)   No more "Stubby No-Mod" (Bucket Seats) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 8:51 pm

I can't wait to get mine put in this bench seat has got to go
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

PostSubject: Re: No more "Stubby No-Mod" (Bucket Seats)   No more "Stubby No-Mod" (Bucket Seats) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 9:01 pm

Bonne seats were the second mod I did to my wagon. Much more supportive than the stock seats.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No more "Stubby No-Mod" (Bucket Seats)   No more "Stubby No-Mod" (Bucket Seats) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 12:25 am

Look awesome Chris,great mod!
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: No more "Stubby No-Mod" (Bucket Seats)   No more "Stubby No-Mod" (Bucket Seats) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 1:49 pm

Looks good,keep it up.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: No more "Stubby No-Mod" (Bucket Seats)   No more "Stubby No-Mod" (Bucket Seats) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 5:15 pm

I have a set of 60/40 bonnies with the annoying armrest. Haven't decided if I will cut them down or go with a bench seat in my t56 when I get there. I think it'd be a cool throw back while still having buckets.
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: No more "Stubby No-Mod" (Bucket Seats)   No more "Stubby No-Mod" (Bucket Seats) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 8:52 pm

Looks good. That Swink character is one heck of a guy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No more "Stubby No-Mod" (Bucket Seats)   No more "Stubby No-Mod" (Bucket Seats) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No more "Stubby No-Mod" (Bucket Seats)
Page 1 of 1