GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anyone ever try to get the passenger front seat to swivel, like mid 70's bucket?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
just me

Anyone ever try to get the passenger front seat to swivel, like mid 70's bucket? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone ever try to get the passenger front seat to swivel, like mid 70's bucket?   Anyone ever try to get the passenger front seat to swivel, like mid 70's bucket? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 4:58 pm

Had to take my mother to a Dr appt couple days ago and the Caprice seat height was better for her than her minivan but she has leg trouble that still makes it tough for her to turn into the car while moving back against the seatback. I thought about just getting a turney seat for the minivan to help her but the cost is more than a couple thousand dollars, it turns/moves out of van/lowers to let person sit and then goes back into van. Then I remembered the Cutlass/MonteCarlo/GrandPrix turning bucket seats from around 1975 and the Mopar turning buckets from around 1960 and think those might be modifiable for the Caprice but wonder if anyone has ever tried it.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Anyone ever try to get the passenger front seat to swivel, like mid 70's bucket? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever try to get the passenger front seat to swivel, like mid 70's bucket?   Anyone ever try to get the passenger front seat to swivel, like mid 70's bucket? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 8:20 pm

Those seats used to be a popular custom swap. The tracks will swap in. Remember, the 77-up B body platform is actually based on the earlier Monte Carlo platform.
Back to top Go down
just me

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever try to get the passenger front seat to swivel, like mid 70's bucket?   Anyone ever try to get the passenger front seat to swivel, like mid 70's bucket? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 1:45 am

Well, never mind on the GM swivels, just saw an ebay auction that shows the bottom part and the top part without the seat portion on it. The top part includes the seat back so putting the swivel under the Caprice seat is a no-go and I don't want to use the highback seats.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever try to get the passenger front seat to swivel, like mid 70's bucket?   Anyone ever try to get the passenger front seat to swivel, like mid 70's bucket? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone ever try to get the passenger front seat to swivel, like mid 70's bucket?
Page 1 of 1