GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

96 BBB Caprice wagon, rough but has many suspension mods...any interest?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SShiftn6

SShiftn6

96 BBB Caprice wagon, rough but has many suspension mods...any interest? Empty
PostSubject: 96 BBB Caprice wagon, rough but has many suspension mods...any interest?   96 BBB Caprice wagon, rough but has many suspension mods...any interest? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 9:28 pm

Hey all,

I've been toying with idea of letting this one out to pasture. I've had it for 6 years now (can't believe it's been that long) with many thoughts and dreams to fix it up and bring it back to glory, but that idea has faded with being broke, graduating from college, being more broke, marriage, house, even more broke, kids, holy crap broke, other cars, new job(s) and therefore, no time (or the scratch to have someone else do it...and now especially that Jarred will no longer be rehabbing wagons Sad )

I just put over $950 (Shocked I can't believe it added up to that!) into the suspension and brakes (new MOOG springs, Bilstein shocks, new master cylinder, calipers, wheel cylinders and axle lines).

It otherwise has a Borgeson steering shaft & joints, Rustic Racing front end components (about 10k on them) Raiss intake, grey Bonneville leather seats and Walker I-pipes with Dynamax mufflers to go with the car (used, not currently installed).

My wife backed it into her mother's van a few years ago, somehow hard enough to buckle the right quarter panel, pinch the rear door so it only opens with a lot of force from the inside, and the rear bumper steel structure is bent downward. Also, lots of rust on the quarters, rockers especially at the b-pillars and there's a hole at the drivers left heel about the size of a fist. The headliner is also shot, one of my dogs wanted snack on it when she was a puppy...the board isn't damaged, just the fabric is torn and hanging in a roughly 9" by 2" spot on the passenger cargo area. I think that's the majority of the issues.

The car still runs great with just over 233k on it, but the check engine light is on for EGR & AIR I think (which I never bothered with because I was eventually going to delete them with headers). Also, it now rides freaking awesome with the new suspension.

I don't really know what it's worth, just wanted to float it out there...let me know if you have any questions.

Here's a link to my photobucket:

https://s168.photobucket.com/user/SShiftn6/library/Mobile%20Uploads?sort=3&page=1&src=wap

Sorry, the car is filthy, but that's winter around here...and I just wanted to get the pics to show the rough spots. Photobucket really sucks on phones, so I still have to link pics when I get to a computer.

Thanks for looking,

Jeremy

Last edited by SShiftn6 on Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: 96 BBB Caprice wagon, rough but has many suspension mods...any interest?   96 BBB Caprice wagon, rough but has many suspension mods...any interest? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 10:21 am

Interested. Bring on the pics...
Back to top Go down
SShiftn6

SShiftn6

PostSubject: Re: 96 BBB Caprice wagon, rough but has many suspension mods...any interest?   96 BBB Caprice wagon, rough but has many suspension mods...any interest? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 9:36 am

Updated with more info and link (hopefully) to pics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 96 BBB Caprice wagon, rough but has many suspension mods...any interest?   96 BBB Caprice wagon, rough but has many suspension mods...any interest? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

96 BBB Caprice wagon, rough but has many suspension mods...any interest?
Page 1 of 1