GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

B-Body Hotchkis Suspension for '95 Roadmaster wagon?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Acoustic Blasphemy

B-Body Hotchkis Suspension for '95 Roadmaster wagon? Empty
PostSubject: B-Body Hotchkis Suspension for '95 Roadmaster wagon?   B-Body Hotchkis Suspension for '95 Roadmaster wagon? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 3:46 pm

Wicked newbie from Cape Cod here. I just got a white Buick Roadmaster estate wagon, 127k and love it. Coincidentally, I ran across someone selling the B-Body Hotchkis Suspension kit for $200, and was wondering if it would be something to consider installing.
Any info. will be greatly appreciated.

I'm probably omitting key info. and thanks for your patience.

Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: B-Body Hotchkis Suspension for '95 Roadmaster wagon?   B-Body Hotchkis Suspension for '95 Roadmaster wagon? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 4:09 pm

Holy shnikys - dont get it Just give ME the guys number.

Seriously though did they mention whats included with the kit? Sounds like a pretty good deal
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home
Acoustic Blasphemy

PostSubject: Re: B-Body Hotchkis Suspension for '95 Roadmaster wagon?   B-Body Hotchkis Suspension for '95 Roadmaster wagon? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 4:28 pm

Here's what's listed:

Info that Hotchkis lists for this - Upper and lower trailing arms work together to positively locate and control the rear axle. Launches are quicker, smoother and more consistent by reducing wheel hop. Cornering and overall stability are dramatically improved through increased roll stiffness and sway bar effectiveness. The fabricated trailing arms are constructed from one piece of .120" wall TIG welded steel tubing and include greasable polyurethane bushings.

No nuts and bolts included.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: B-Body Hotchkis Suspension for '95 Roadmaster wagon?   B-Body Hotchkis Suspension for '95 Roadmaster wagon? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 4:31 pm

So its a rear upper & lower kit? Adjustable or Standard? either way its still a pretty good deal
Back to top Go down
Acoustic Blasphemy

PostSubject: Re: B-Body Hotchkis Suspension for '95 Roadmaster wagon?   B-Body Hotchkis Suspension for '95 Roadmaster wagon? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 5:21 pm

That's all the info. so far. Can you tell me if this is difficult to install? Just curious as to if I can afford to do it. More time than money these days!
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: B-Body Hotchkis Suspension for '95 Roadmaster wagon?   B-Body Hotchkis Suspension for '95 Roadmaster wagon? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 5:26 pm

Looks like this may be the kit.

http://www.hotchkis.net/_uploaded_files/products361promo_pic.jpg

If so I would grab it up. A new kit from them runs over 700.00 bucks Suspect

As for as the install goes - http://www.hotchkis.net/_uploaded_files/1812.pdf
Back to top Go down
Acoustic Blasphemy

PostSubject: Re: B-Body Hotchkis Suspension for '95 Roadmaster wagon?   B-Body Hotchkis Suspension for '95 Roadmaster wagon? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 5:39 pm

Yes. that's the kit! Thanks for the links.

Gorgeous Roadmaster, btw...
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: B-Body Hotchkis Suspension for '95 Roadmaster wagon?   B-Body Hotchkis Suspension for '95 Roadmaster wagon? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 5:54 pm

Thanks, Its actually a OCC (Olds Custom Cruiser) with a SS Nose conversion. However i may change it up

Strongly thinking about doing our own version of a Hurst Olds Wagon.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: B-Body Hotchkis Suspension for '95 Roadmaster wagon?   B-Body Hotchkis Suspension for '95 Roadmaster wagon? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 8:11 pm

That is a good deal for that kit, but it won't really gain you much on an otherwise stock car.

I have the Hotchkis springs on my wagon and love them.

Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
Acoustic Blasphemy

PostSubject: Re: B-Body Hotchkis Suspension for '95 Roadmaster wagon?   B-Body Hotchkis Suspension for '95 Roadmaster wagon? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 2:02 am

Nice! Thanks guys. Pretty much crazy about driving this Roadmaster and will post pics soon.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: B-Body Hotchkis Suspension for '95 Roadmaster wagon?   B-Body Hotchkis Suspension for '95 Roadmaster wagon? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 10:02 am

Acoustic Blasphemy wrote:
Nice! Thanks guys. Pretty much crazy about driving this Roadmaster and will post pics soon.

Welcome. And greetings from the other end of Massachusetts. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: B-Body Hotchkis Suspension for '95 Roadmaster wagon?   B-Body Hotchkis Suspension for '95 Roadmaster wagon? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

B-Body Hotchkis Suspension for '95 Roadmaster wagon?
Page 1 of 1