GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rear lowering springs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
funkhoss

Rear lowering springs Empty
PostSubject: Rear lowering springs   Rear lowering springs Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 11:18 am

Hi all,

I have a 1994 Caprice wagon, and I'm looking for springs that will lower the rear of the car 1" to 1.5" from stock (no more). I know about the Belltech 5107 springs, but I'm wondering if there are any options that are cheaper and/or provide slightly less drop (Moog, used/junkyard parts, etc.).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sam
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Rear lowering springs   Rear lowering springs Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 11:25 am

Read thru some of the past posts lots of good info there.
Back to top Go down
funkhoss

PostSubject: Re: Rear lowering springs   Rear lowering springs Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 11:35 am

Thanks for the reply. Actually, I've spent about hour reading through old posts on this site and the Impala SS forum and couldn't find the info I'm looking for--particularly in reference to wagon springs and the amount of "drop" I need. I was hoping someone may have some specific, first-hand experience.

The question still stands...

Sam
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rear lowering springs   Rear lowering springs Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 2:53 pm

Take a look at this chart: http://fme-cat.com/docs/2001.pdf

When I picked my springs, I looked at the installed height, spring rate, and coil diameter and found something that matched up but would get me the drop I wanted.
Back to top Go down
scoffman

scoffman

PostSubject: Re: Rear lowering springs   Rear lowering springs Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 3:38 pm

Stingroo wrote:
Take a look at this chart: http://fme-cat.com/docs/2001.pdf

When I picked my springs, I looked at the installed height, spring rate, and coil diameter and found something that matched up but would get me the drop I wanted.

I did the same thing only the opposite on the rear springs. I wanted to lower the front an inch and raise the rear an inch or two. they .pdf helped alot.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Rear lowering springs   Rear lowering springs Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 4:32 pm

Roo,they should make that chart a sticky.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear lowering springs   Rear lowering springs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear lowering springs
Page 1 of 1