GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Question on swapping head units between 2 94 BRMW's....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
oldfriendabb

oldfriendabb

Question on swapping head units between 2 94 BRMW's.... Empty
PostSubject: Question on swapping head units between 2 94 BRMW's....   Question on swapping head units between 2 94 BRMW's.... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 9:58 pm

got a new wagon this week, much better body. cheers old wagon had "concert sound II" option with the headunit with built in EQ etc.. this wagon does not. If memory serves me, this head unit looks just like the one that was in my old 92

2 questions

1) sound quality wise, is it worth the time to swap head unit, door panels, and speakers?

2) will the plugs behind the head unit and speakers be the same? or am I looking at having to do splicing to swap?

thanks all....got to get any swiping done and get the other wagon up for sale.

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Question on swapping head units between 2 94 BRMW's....   Question on swapping head units between 2 94 BRMW's.... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 11:07 pm

The wiring should be the same. The tweeters may have an extra wire to get to them. check for a crossover network as well.
Back to top Go down
autoarcheologist

autoarcheologist

PostSubject: Re: Question on swapping head units between 2 94 BRMW's....   Question on swapping head units between 2 94 BRMW's.... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 1:20 am

Seriously old thread I know. But I had my door panel off recently and there was already wire there for a tweeter. I would swap the tweeters in if you can, the sound without them is pretty pathetic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jewelorjalopy.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question on swapping head units between 2 94 BRMW's....   Question on swapping head units between 2 94 BRMW's.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question on swapping head units between 2 94 BRMW's....
Page 1 of 1