GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Article on springs and what they do....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bobloblaw

Bobloblaw

Article on springs and what they do.... Empty
PostSubject: Article on springs and what they do....   Article on springs and what they do.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 10:58 pm

I have read a lot of our suspension threads and i always see someone ask a question about springs.
It is usually along the lines of "I want my car to have a stiff/soft ride, should I get new springs?"

Today I came across this article explaining what springs do for an automobile and why they are necessary.
I thought it was a need read and thought i would pass it along.
This article is from a "racing derived" website. So take it with a grain of salt, but I found it informative.

http://www.turnfast.com/tech_handling/handling_springs
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Article on springs and what they do.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Article on springs and what they do....   Article on springs and what they do.... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 8:03 pm

The articles are interesting, but they need a proof reader, and they refer to shocks as dampeners. Shocks are dampers, and they damp the reflex of the spring, unless you want to spray water on your car, and get the springs wet.
Back to top Go down

Article on springs and what they do....
Page 1 of 1