GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wagonfest BBQ

Go down 
+7
polecat
bamalongroof
silverfox103
Fred Kiehl
BigBlackBeaSSt
jayoldschool
Sprocket
11 posters

Stay the course or new menu
1. Bacon wrapped steaks as usual
Wagonfest BBQ Vote_lcap50%Wagonfest BBQ Vote_rcap
 50% [ 3 ]
2. Low country boil with shrimp, taters, corn, etc.
Wagonfest BBQ Vote_lcap0%Wagonfest BBQ Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
3. Jambalaya
Wagonfest BBQ Vote_lcap17%Wagonfest BBQ Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
4. Burgers and Dogs.
Wagonfest BBQ Vote_lcap33%Wagonfest BBQ Vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

Wagonfest BBQ Empty
PostSubject: Wagonfest BBQ   Wagonfest BBQ Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 5:03 pm

So looks like at least 22 confirmed for dinner, time to start thinking about it. So far as years past the method seems to work well
with me collecting $10 a head for viddles, and sending a few out to pick up what we need. I'm hoping this year to keep the cost per at $10 as it makes it so easy. Trust me when I say I'm not making any $$ as I'm usually in the hole at the end of it as I usually go to a local butcher and buy the meat ahead of time in order to save $$ over the supermarket prices on beef!

I have the same grille, KrziD said he has a little one for the sausages, and I can also bring cutting boards, knives, etc.

I'm all for donations of food, cups, napkins, etc. to help keep the costs down.

I'm assuming everyone wants to stay the course with bacon wrapped steaks again and Italian Sausage.

I am open for discussion of other alternatives....

Discuss!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Wagonfest BBQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ   Wagonfest BBQ Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 6:18 pm

Flamingos ordered .....

Wagonfest BBQ 2906f1c0-e9c0-42ab-b893-e40055fbb339_65
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Wagonfest BBQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ   Wagonfest BBQ Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 6:28 pm

Arghhh, I wish I was there for this.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Wagonfest BBQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ   Wagonfest BBQ Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 6:48 pm

ARHGGGGGHHHHH He I am stuck in the snow!!
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Wagonfest BBQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ   Wagonfest BBQ Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 9:16 pm

This is once a year, so go for the good stuff...bacon wrapped steaks.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

Wagonfest BBQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ   Wagonfest BBQ Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 11:30 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:
This is once a year, so go for the good stuff...bacon wrapped steaks.

Agreed, Chef Fred does an awesome job!

Tom
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

Wagonfest BBQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ   Wagonfest BBQ Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 11:48 pm

Not much of a steak eater but I will go with the group. Jeff
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Wagonfest BBQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ   Wagonfest BBQ Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 9:16 am

Looks like this week I could score Boneless Delmonico ribeyes for $8 LB. This would up the price a couple bucks but Quality is worth $$
Back to top Go down
polecat

Wagonfest BBQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ   Wagonfest BBQ Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 10:14 am

Love me some low country, but the steak is always a winner!
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

Wagonfest BBQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ   Wagonfest BBQ Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 3:50 pm

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Steak and sausage, with Fred at the controls, is my vote. I'll start the donation part of the night with me bringing napkins, paper plates, red solo cups, and a few rolls of paper towels. Don't forget, everyone bring your own beverage, and if you are from out of state and like local micro brew beer, bring a few to share and swap.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Wagonfest BBQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ   Wagonfest BBQ Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 8:26 pm

I can bring about 10lb of smoked pork butt if anyone is interested... for pulled pork sammiches.
Back to top Go down
polecat

Wagonfest BBQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ   Wagonfest BBQ Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 3:40 pm

Hell yeah!

Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Wagonfest BBQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ   Wagonfest BBQ Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 1:05 pm

So this thread died pretty early. I'm going to buy the steaks and thick bacon this weekend.
Looks like the steak of the week is NY Strip boneless, so that'll make wrapping 'em easier.

Will do like last year and have my daughter help wrap them all, then freeze them so
1. I have a block of ice to keep my beer cold
2. they keep for a week.

Just waiting to hear from Orlando Inc. about a headcount from those guys. (Several said they would drive over for the BBQ as they have to work all day).
Back to top Go down
polecat

Wagonfest BBQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ   Wagonfest BBQ Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 4:53 pm

What is the deal with beverages of the adult persuasion inside the show? BYO cooler? No, not at all? Cans? Bottles? Growlers? etc... I plan on enjoying some good beer with the good food.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Wagonfest BBQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ   Wagonfest BBQ Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 9:34 pm

polecat wrote:
What is the deal with beverages of the adult persuasion inside the show? BYO cooler? No, not at all? Cans? Bottles? Growlers? etc... I plan on enjoying some good beer with the good food.

i use red cup when in show as if i want to walk with beverage i can lose cup after finished NP you will be walking.

some people bring a red wagon with them
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

Wagonfest BBQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ   Wagonfest BBQ Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 9:18 pm

I just checked the extended forecast for next week- 72* on Saturday, with a 12% chance of rain, no chance of rain Saturday night. Seems unreal, given the weather the last several years. Friday and Sunday nice too, by the way.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Wagonfest BBQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ   Wagonfest BBQ Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 9:37 pm

Bring a golf umbrella or SPF 45 lotion.
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

Wagonfest BBQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ   Wagonfest BBQ Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 2:16 pm

Sorry everyone I need to cancel my families attendance needing surgery on my neck and will save the vacation time for recovery going to miss seeing all ya all....Jeff

Sprocket please save those parts for me we will set up shipping it thats ok...
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

Wagonfest BBQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ   Wagonfest BBQ Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 3:24 pm

bamalongroof wrote:
Sorry everyone I need to cancel my families attendance needing surgery on my neck and will save the vacation time for recovery going to miss seeing all ya all....Jeff

Sprocket please save those parts for me we will set up shipping it thats ok...
Hope everything goes smoothly...
Back to top Go down
SShiftn6

SShiftn6

Wagonfest BBQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ   Wagonfest BBQ Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 10:15 pm

Sorry guys, was extremely busy the last few weeks...not that it really matters any more, but we're good with the steaks wrapped in bacon.

Bama, sucks you can't make it, good luck with the impending surgery. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers.
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

Wagonfest BBQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ   Wagonfest BBQ Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 11:26 pm

Thanks Guys, I'm set up for next Wednesday to have my fuel injectors cleaned out.... one side first then the other a few weeks later. Jeff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wagonfest BBQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ   Wagonfest BBQ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wagonfest BBQ
Page 1 of 1