GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wagonfest BBQ!

Go down 
+9
udownwitk
OldGuy
Fred Kiehl
brokecello
phantom 309
bamalongroof
Krzdimond
95BRMW
Sprocket
13 posters

How should we do the BBQ?
Same as last year
Wagonfest BBQ! Vote_lcap88%Wagonfest BBQ! Vote_rcap
 88% [ 7 ]
Everyone bring their own food and grille together
Wagonfest BBQ! Vote_lcap12%Wagonfest BBQ! Vote_rcap
 12% [ 1 ]
Hell with the BBQ, the Wing House is across the street.
Wagonfest BBQ! Vote_lcap0%Wagonfest BBQ! Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

Wagonfest BBQ! Empty
PostSubject: Wagonfest BBQ!   Wagonfest BBQ! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 6:45 pm

Okay so we are only 2 weeks away!   I've been under the weather and swamped by work, but it's time to start rowing the gears to get this thing rolling.  I know alot of wind came out of the sails with a number of 'regulars' falling out for various reasons.  They will be missed, however, that doesn't mean we cant get together and have a good time!

The BBQ has been great the last two years.  That said for as loose as this event is, it takes a bit of planning to pull it off.
What I need to gauge is how much interest there is in having it, who is willing to lend a hand, etc.

What we did the first year was pool some money at the track and those wanting to participate added to the pool, and a few of us went to the supermarket after the show and grabbed the food.  Last year, I got a head count, and bought the meat ahead of time (butcher near me has much better prices), and we got the rest of the stuff as above.

What I can bring is
the grille and a few chairs, cooking utensils,

What we need
two folding tables (unfortunately my rear seat doesn't fold down), or we can back up a couple wagons and use the tailgates to serve the food from.
Any plates, silverware, condiments, etc. (otherwise we need to buy that day).

Last years menu:

bacon wrapped steaks
Italian sausage
salad
potato salad
baked beans
rolls
several pies for dessert.

Alot of above was decided by the shopping crew.  

Soooooo.....

If you are in post up that you are and how many mouths that will need feeding.

Last year we were able to pull this off for $10 a person but it was sorta tight.  If you want to up to a higher grade of meat, etc. we can easily do it, but the price will have to go up as well.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

Wagonfest BBQ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ!   Wagonfest BBQ! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 6:53 pm

I'm gonna miss those bacon wrapped steaks for sure!
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Wagonfest BBQ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ!   Wagonfest BBQ! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 8:37 pm

I can bring the tables and an ez up.
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

Wagonfest BBQ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ!   Wagonfest BBQ! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:48 pm

I'm in looking forward to it. My son and I can help....Jeff
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Wagonfest BBQ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ!   Wagonfest BBQ! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 11:56 pm

mail me one of the steaks,..
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

Wagonfest BBQ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ!   Wagonfest BBQ! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 9:05 am

2 mouths
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Wagonfest BBQ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ!   Wagonfest BBQ! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 11:13 am

I am in.

We need all of the paper plates, utensils, napkins (paper towels work). I can do a lot of the cooking and prep.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Wagonfest BBQ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ!   Wagonfest BBQ! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 12:20 pm

Ok so we are up to 7 confirmed for the BBQ here and I know a few more that are definitely coming but have not chimed in. I gotta deal on Filet Mingon for $6 a lb! I have to go buy it today though as the sale ends tonight. I will buy enough for about 25 and any leftovers I will literally eat them Smile
I will also get enough sausage for about 25. Anything beyond that we will have to figure at the track on Saturday. Does anyone recall how many we had last year? I think it was around 30, but I know there are a few long haulers that will be absent this year...
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

Wagonfest BBQ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ!   Wagonfest BBQ! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 12:50 pm

I can eat for 2 my expanding waistline proves it.....
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Wagonfest BBQ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ!   Wagonfest BBQ! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 8:41 pm

Well the poll is moot. I jumped on the deal above and dropped $100 on filets, bacon (thick cut) and sausage.....If we figure on 20 then that's $5 each to cover the meat. I figure there is enough steak for about 25 and have about 25-30 sausages (big italian ones...that sounds wrong) so we won't be wanting for meat. Stay tuned for the rest of it. We need everything else, like cutlery, plates, side dishes etc, so talk to me if you wanna sign up to bring some of it.....details to follow soon.
Back to top Go down
OldGuy

OldGuy

Wagonfest BBQ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ!   Wagonfest BBQ! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 9:42 pm

Two here.
Roger
Back to top Go down
udownwitk

udownwitk

Wagonfest BBQ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ!   Wagonfest BBQ! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 12:48 am

2 here down for whatever yall decide...
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

Wagonfest BBQ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ!   Wagonfest BBQ! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 11:04 pm

I'll be there for sure, just me. Like last year, I'll be happy to make a run to the local store just before dinner for whatever is missing.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Wagonfest BBQ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ!   Wagonfest BBQ! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 12:16 am

How do Y'All feel about a Low Country Boil?

I have the pot and propane, I can bring the fresh shrimp, will just need sausage, corn and 'taters....

Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Wagonfest BBQ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ!   Wagonfest BBQ! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 1:13 pm

Superior Finish wrote:
How do Y'All feel about a Low Country Boil?

I have the pot and propane, I can bring the fresh shrimp, will just need sausage, corn and 'taters....

Well I bought plenty of mild Italian sausages (about 30) if we want to use some of those. I know they aren't the 'right' kind of sausage but thinking outloud as I like the sound of the boil....
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

Wagonfest BBQ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ!   Wagonfest BBQ! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 10:27 am

Fred Kiehl wrote:
I am in.

We need all of the paper plates, utensils, napkins (paper towels work). I can do a lot of the cooking and prep.

I will bring all of the above (paper plates, utensils, napkins & paper towels). Two of us will be there, dog goes to kennel.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

Wagonfest BBQ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ!   Wagonfest BBQ! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 6:14 pm

Tom, does that mean you are bringing one of your wagons?
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

Wagonfest BBQ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ!   Wagonfest BBQ! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 6:35 pm

Mark 96 Roady wrote:
Tom, does that mean you are bringing one of your wagons?

That does not, just means I don't have to deal with big Jake for the weekend.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Tom Wingo

Tom Wingo

Wagonfest BBQ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ!   Wagonfest BBQ! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 10:47 am

4 folks to eat BBQ for Tom Wingo----will pay ---thanks Tom W
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Wagonfest BBQ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ!   Wagonfest BBQ! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 11:02 am

Filets all wrapped in bacon and put in cryofreeze! I wanted to cook some right away, lol
Back to top Go down
wagondude29

wagondude29

Wagonfest BBQ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ!   Wagonfest BBQ! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 2:35 pm

sprocket we will be there but later.so wont be eating but will come and BS
Back to top Go down
http://sofasst.com
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Wagonfest BBQ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ!   Wagonfest BBQ! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 7:58 am

Pre-packing the van today for Daytona. (to see what fits, and what doesn't) and need to know if anyone wants to do the low country boil on Saturday?
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

Wagonfest BBQ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ!   Wagonfest BBQ! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 7:14 pm

I'm more of a meat / steak kind of guy. Never been a fan of low country boil...but that is just my opinion!

Chris

Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Wagonfest BBQ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ!   Wagonfest BBQ! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 7:18 pm

After a long discussion with John, I have decided against it.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Wagonfest BBQ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ!   Wagonfest BBQ! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 9:37 am

Yes we had a nice long discussion but I think we spent about 2 minutes that topic.

Chris we habe plenty of dead animal flesh for you Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wagonfest BBQ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest BBQ!   Wagonfest BBQ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wagonfest BBQ!
Page 1 of 1