GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Good God...can you believe THIS??

Go down 
+9
brokecello
phantom 309
sherlock9c1
Cadet57
Bewber
Sprocket
DBeaSSt
Wagon Collector
TylerW
13 posters
AuthorMessage
TylerW

Good God...can you believe THIS?? Empty
PostSubject: Good God...can you believe THIS??   Good God...can you believe THIS?? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:36 pm

Back to top Go down
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

PostSubject: Re: Good God...can you believe THIS??   Good God...can you believe THIS?? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 5:46 am

Yikes! I wonder what the chances are that the high bidder will actually purchase that.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Good God...can you believe THIS??   Good God...can you believe THIS?? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 6:32 am

Yeah, little on the high side but perfect condition low milers are increasingly hard to find.

Its' worth what someone will pay for it. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name

PostSubject: HOW MUCH???????   Good God...can you believe THIS?? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 11:23 am

I have been watching this auction from the beginning and I am dumbfounded.I hope the seller gets his money and I hope the buyer has the good sense not to admit what he paid for the car on this forum cause they will never hear the end of it!
My 91 OCC has 69000 miles on it and I wonder how this auction will affect the values of all low mileage wagons,both TBI and LT1s.
I have always been surprised by the different ages of the individuals who are wagon fans and this auction shows that they are willing to pay dearly for a very nice one.I have had kids in Ricers shout NICE WAGON on many occasions and when loading or just getting in or out had older folks say they had a wagon years ago and that they miss it a lot.
We are B body wagon nuts and damn proud of it and I believe that we are growing in numbers as more people become aware of a wagons beauty and usefulness.
Take Care and Hace a GREAT WEEKEND
Flasheroo
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Good God...can you believe THIS??   Good God...can you believe THIS?? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 11:30 am

I think the value of our wagons has pretty much bottomed out. The low milers like the one listed won't get any cheaper. Even some of the higher mile cars may hold value if they're in good shape.

Around $9-10K seems to be typical for one like that. But as they become harder to find and if interest grows, prices MAY start to go up a bit. I still think that's a bit high personally but if someone wants it that bad and has the money to throw around, more power to 'em!
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Good God...can you believe THIS??   Good God...can you believe THIS?? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 2:15 pm

^^^^^+1

would I pay it? Nope, but I've seen low lmilers go into the 12-13s fairly recently on ebay.
Consider this was a 30K + car new and in essentially like new condition, I say it's not that bad of a deal. Plenty of SS with type mileage in the same price range, so if you like wagons, why not?

Who knows maybe the high bidder just have to have that color combo? cars are funny that way.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Good God...can you believe THIS??   Good God...can you believe THIS?? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 2:22 pm

I'm always in disbelief at auctions like that because of the confliting thoughts I have....

1 = If someone is willing to pay that for one of these, they're obviously REALLY a fan of these cars.

2 = If they're a fan of these cars, they'd know that they can get one for less than HALF of that cost that's essentially just as nice and also still not mechanically "broken in".

3= then there's the deal where people with money don't care about the cost - they're just mad they can't buy a NEW one, so they pay whatever it costs to have whatever one they find that's as close to it as possible, and they'll giggle about how "little" they paid for a car that stickered out at $29k and still smells new.

I kinda get it, but kinda don't at the same time.
Back to top Go down
TylerW

PostSubject: Re: Good God...can you believe THIS??   Good God...can you believe THIS?? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 4:57 pm

Well I for one don't have 15k just to be able to park something like that in the garage and look at it.

And, that IS what you have to do with it because if you drive it and use it, there goes your investment.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Good God...can you believe THIS??   Good God...can you believe THIS?? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 7:35 pm

it's not an investment

1. Not everyone has 'found' the forums

2. Not everyone is a gearhead like us

3. people with money and time don't f around. they want it, they get it.

I sold a couple of parts to guy who got my nimber from someone I had bought Pat's FL parts car from (dunno how he found him).
He had a wagon that looked just like this one. Just picked it up with 100K on it and it was mint. He didn't pay 15 for it, but it had 100K and he paid 8.

On the flip side we discussed an AGW that was for sale be a local dealer near me. 40K car for 8K Took them alost 2 months to sell it, but they did....

Lot's of people who shop ebay never heard of CL or Kiji.....
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Good God...can you believe THIS??   Good God...can you believe THIS?? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 8:32 pm

I saw that car when the auction first started. After stopping myself from calling Bank of America to credit my life away... I said that car will sell for a good price, and it is. I also have to say I would pay that for that car if it really is what it is described to be and if of corse I had 15k to drop on it. As for prices, I recall a 19k original mile '95 RMW that had a Buy It Now of $19,500. It sold. Id have paid that too, again, if I had that kinda coin...
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Good God...can you believe THIS??   Good God...can you believe THIS?? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 10:50 pm

I have to say, more than anything else, the woodgrain trim on that car tells the story. It's mint. I mean like brand new mint. And it looks really, really original. So that car must have been garage kept, otherwise there's no way it'd be that nice on a Florida car.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good God...can you believe THIS??   Good God...can you believe THIS?? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 12:26 am

Yeah, look how clean that wood is. That is a great looking car.

And wow @ the guy who paid so much for a 100k mile wagon in the post above. I paid $1900 for mine with 102k. Is it perfect? No, far from it, but it could be with not a lot of investment and I could probably sell it if I felt like it. But forget that. Wagons FTMFW.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Good God...can you believe THIS??   Good God...can you believe THIS?? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 6:29 am

37000, mi,. hood emblem filled,. tops of switches worn?? door dented,.a/c vents have chrome missing?

So a garaged all its life florida car,..and the tops of switches are worn? jeez,. i got some wagons here,. and only the 445,000km run of the mill gold woody's switches look worn,.
chrome missing off the a/c vents? from 37000 miles of use? how many times you gotta adjust the vent to wear the chrome off,. what chrome??
14g's for a dented back door? depth perception is improved with reference points, thats why you see big trucks with bumper guides,. thats why the hood ornament is there so you have a better idea where the front end is when you park it,..and you can guage the center of your lane easier, a little old lady had the hood ornament removed?? and you guys believe that????

mileage reports are wierd too,.
77 11/01/1996
12,854 06/05/1998
12,981 10/13/1998
14,216 12/28/1998 <<<<<
35,989 02/02/2010 <<<<<< big gap with no reports,..
looks like 4 possible owners?

I personally would be thru that car with a fine tooth comb,.
people i know with 'money' would want a very thorough pedigree done on that car,

Just for reference , i know of a 2000 k2500 6.5 diesel pickup sitting in a barn with 748kms on it, its black its a 5spd stick, it only has p/s and air for options,.it does still have all its plastic on the floor/seats etc,.
i could buy it for 15,000.cdn (thats 20,000usd now i think:D )

i think somebody bought it in 98,. dressed it up with ss grill etc,. pulled the speedo out,. drove it for years,. put it back to stock with the original speedo,. that'd explain the worn switches,. i,d like to see a pic of the rubber on the brake pedal,. i,d like to inspect the rear wheel bearings,.
lemme guess,. the tranny's been replaced too, and the motor's been rebuilt already??
2312 miles a year?? mebbe,. mebbe not.
(anybody want to buy a 41,000 mi caprice speedo??)

meh,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Good God...can you believe THIS??   Good God...can you believe THIS?? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 8:58 pm

Oh no....now this guy wants to jump on the bandwagon. 112xxx miles and look at the "buy it now" price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220595262942&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:MOTORS:1123

Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: Good God...can you believe THIS??   Good God...can you believe THIS?? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 9:13 pm

He's crazy. lol
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Good God...can you believe THIS??   Good God...can you believe THIS?? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 11:13 pm

This is the wagon I saw on a lot last year for 5K. Apparently the guy that bought it feels it was too cheap, lol.

http://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/1708569229.html
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Good God...can you believe THIS??   Good God...can you believe THIS?? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 11:44 am

Good points Nick.

Maybe Mike can post some pics of these so called worn areas on the buick I have sitting in his garage.

I am not sure of the actual miles on mine but it is around the same as we are discussing.

As far as price,I wanted Mikes, and paid more for it than he was asking.

Call me what you want,but I would also buy Franks Parents that he called me about if it were black.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Good God...can you believe THIS??   Good God...can you believe THIS?? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 12:33 pm

lornejay1 wrote:
Good points Nick.

Maybe Mike can post some pics of these so called worn areas on the buick I have sitting in his garage.

I am not sure of the actual miles on mine but it is around the same as we are discussing.

Call me what you want,but I would also buy Franks Parents that he called me about if it were black.

Lorne, we are in the same boat on the LDM WB4 Frank's folks have. If I did not already have my money tied up in the '96...I would buy that one in a heartbeat. A good one is worth the $$ if you know it is mint in all the right places. My hart skipped a little when he told me the detail on the phone. Oh well.

I think you did well when you bought Mike's...how often will a black WB4 in that condition pop up for sale? Not very often. (and with tan interior too)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Good God...can you believe THIS??   Good God...can you believe THIS?? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 5:33 pm

i,d buy their DCM wb4,. its sweet,.

nick
Back to top Go down
GN1220

PostSubject: Re: Good God...can you believe THIS??   Good God...can you believe THIS?? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:06 am

lornejay1 wrote:
Good points Nick.

35,367 Smile The ad is deleted, what are these worn spots you speak of? Is it the area around the switch on the side of the seat? If so, I was worried about that from day one since I noticed a little spot there so no sliding in or out of the car for me. I would open the door, grab the A pillar and pull myself out. Killed my back but I think I saved a lot of wear on the seat.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Good God...can you believe THIS??   Good God...can you believe THIS?? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 7:01 pm

GN1220 wrote:

I would open the door, grab the A pillar and pull myself out. Killed my back but I think I saved a lot of wear on the seat.
So,.. Mike,.. you're amongst pals here,. tell us,. did you ever fart in that car??

its ok to admit it,.

did you??

Nick
Back to top Go down
GN1220

PostSubject: Re: Good God...can you believe THIS??   Good God...can you believe THIS?? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 8:51 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
GN1220 wrote:

I would open the door, grab the A pillar and pull myself out. Killed my back but I think I saved a lot of wear on the seat.
So,.. Mike,.. you're amongst pals here,. tell us,. did you ever fart in that car??

its ok to admit it,.

did you??

Nick

Only a couple times and I still feel guilty about it.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Good God...can you believe THIS??   Good God...can you believe THIS?? Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 8:37 pm

Interesting note looking at the seller's feedback. He recently won a piece of wood trim and a 96 hood ornament.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good God...can you believe THIS??   Good God...can you believe THIS?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good God...can you believe THIS??
Page 1 of 1