GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Front end overhual kits ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
redcaddy

redcaddy

Front end overhual kits ? Empty
PostSubject: Front end overhual kits ?   Front end overhual kits ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 4:00 pm

Just doing my homework prior to scattering the front end of my '89 Buick boxie.

At 82K on OEM parts, I think I'll go the "everything ya need in one big box" method. I've shopped the web and it seems to me that the "super front end kit" from PST (P-S-T.com) looks pretty complete, All Polygraphite bushings, even new A-arm shafts. It's a pretty deep bite at the pocket bank,  @ $ 399.99/free shipping, listed for a fullsize RWD, but doable.

With no component brand names shown in the cat. how do I judge component quality? Normally I would buy MOOG made in USA stuff, lately, I have heard some quality concerns on the "new" offshore MOOG stuff. Comments?

I'm setting up the old girl to tow a 3500 Lb trailer, long hual,  so steering and brakes need to be top shelf.

What I'm looking for is experience with PST stuff or opinion on the PST Polygraphite bushings. Or, perhaps a heads up on something that might work better for me. As usual, helpful hints or just smartazzed comments are welcome.

Thanks, Paul.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Front end overhual kits ?   Front end overhual kits ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 4:39 pm

Try Rock Auto. You can piece it together, and with their discount code (5% available on the forum) you may save a couple dollars. You will probably need a shop to swap the bushings. You can rent tools for the ball joints from Autozone. The rest is just wrenching and a little drilling. 8 arm bushings, 4 upper arm locking nuts, 2 anti roll bar end links, 2 anti roll bar frame mounts, 4 ball joints, 2 complete tierod ends, 1 center link and one idler arm. You can pick the brand of your choice.

The upper arm shafts are not wear items.

When you are done, have it aligned.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Front end overhual kits ?   Front end overhual kits ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 9:15 pm

I have used PST at least three times wit no complaints. The more you buy,the more they will discount...and after every time Ive used them they mail a coupon.Ive noticed lately they are really expanding their line.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front end overhual kits ?   Front end overhual kits ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Front end overhual kits ?
Page 1 of 1