GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New member in South Florida

Go down 
+2
Sprocket
rauldelp
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rauldelp

rauldelp

New member in South Florida Empty
PostSubject: New member in South Florida   New member in South Florida Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 4:28 pm

I've been lurking for a bit since discovering these big wagons a couple weeks ago. I started running out of room for transporting amplifiers and speakers in my TDI Jetta sedan, and started looking at SUV's. Mileage was aweful, but it was a good bit of room. Then I discovered the LT1 wagons and the hunt was on! Initially I looked at 94-96 roadmasters, but all were above my price point for "meh" quality. Then up in Daytona I found a good deal on what looks like a well kept 1994 Caprice Classic Wagon. In dark green gray metallic, it's only real option, the 5.7LT1. Raced up to daytona with a trailer to seal the deal, and it didn't fit on the trailer! Too wide Shocked ! So I got to drive it home with expired plates ! Luckily the troopers were all busy with other matters Smile

New member in South Florida 2015-05-31%2014.02.02-1500

Now she's home, done a big tuneup, and she'll hopefully be my daily for a good while to come! I'm sure I'll start bugging you guys soon for advice fixing something soon enough Very Happy More pictures to come, some body/paintwork to do on the tailgate and passenger front door where something tried to take the mirror off forcibly Sad
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: New member in South Florida   New member in South Florida Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 4:55 pm

Welcome aboard! Actually the LT1 is standard in all 94-96 wagons. Only engine avail (sedans got 4.3s)

where in S FL are you? I'm in Delray and there are a few of us around S FL.....

looks like a nice one, hope to see it soon Smile
Back to top Go down
rauldelp

rauldelp

PostSubject: Re: New member in South Florida   New member in South Florida Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 5:01 pm

Thanks! I'm living in west Hollywood currently. I thought there were a couple 4.3 wagons running around out there? No biggie, just glad I got the right engine.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: New member in South Florida   New member in South Florida Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 10:36 am

She looks good,welcome!
Back to top Go down
1tireman

1tireman

PostSubject: Re: New member in South Florida   New member in South Florida Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 8:33 pm

Wagon looks nice! Welcome.
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: New member in South Florida   New member in South Florida Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 10:50 pm

Welcome to the forum. Jeff
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: New member in South Florida   New member in South Florida Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 9:34 am

Sharp color combo, grey interior would complete the look!?

Being a FL car I am sure it is clean!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member in South Florida   New member in South Florida Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New member in South Florida
Page 1 of 1