GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anti Knock Sensor

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rjathon

rjathon

Anti Knock Sensor Empty
PostSubject: Anti Knock Sensor   Anti Knock Sensor Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 3:18 pm

I've come across some comments on other forums about the anti knock sensor on our LT1s being sub optimal and that replacing them with one for either an LT4 or LS1 (I can't remember which) is a good improvement.

I'll be flushing the cooling system soon. Would a replacement be wise? If so by what Rock Auto part?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Anti Knock Sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti Knock Sensor   Anti Knock Sensor Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 10:56 pm

Unless you have headers,.or roller rockers,. save your cash.

they work fine on a stock motor,.

Its called a 'knock module'

lt4 motors had roller rockers,. so the module was desensitized a little,.

spend your money on a pcm reflash they can tune the knock count tables,and knock burst settings etc,.
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

Anti Knock Sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti Knock Sensor   Anti Knock Sensor Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 1:25 am

rjathon wrote:
I've come across some comments on other forums about the anti knock sensor on our LT1s being sub optimal and that replacing them with one for either an LT4 or LS1 (I can't remember which) is a good improvement.

I'll be flushing the cooling system soon. Would a replacement be wise?  If so by what Rock Auto part?

the LT4 knock module is in the PCM. There's nothing wrong with the stock knock sensors in the block.
Back to top Go down
rjathon

rjathon

Anti Knock Sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti Knock Sensor   Anti Knock Sensor Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 11:10 am

You guys are awesome. Thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anti Knock Sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti Knock Sensor   Anti Knock Sensor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anti Knock Sensor
Page 1 of 1