GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trims and hinges

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sherlock128

Sherlock128

Trims and hinges Empty
PostSubject: Trims and hinges   Trims and hinges Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 10:47 pm

I originally had something a lot longer typed but I decided to keep it short and simple how do I remove the front door trim and where can I find new hinges for the rear window?
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

Trims and hinges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trims and hinges   Trims and hinges Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2016 10:16 am

Give this a look. http://www.impalaforums.com/buick-roadmaster/168730-wagon-trim-removal-help.html Lots of good info in the archives as well...
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Trims and hinges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trims and hinges   Trims and hinges Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2016 8:35 pm

I have a pair for sale. I would like $60 for them.

Be careful with your headliner trim and headliner when replacing them. The "Phillips screws" are not screws, they are clip locks, and will usually break when removing them. They are made of unobtanium, so you can not get them. I have some extras in different colors if you need a couple. The clips are also in the same category. You have to put a thin screw driver under the trim to release the clips from the body. If the locks do not come out, you will damage the clips when removing them. Do not pull on the trim, or you will either stress discolor it or crack it. You also have to remove the grab handles to get to the hinge bolts. If you can remove the pin that holds the plastic exterior part (a drift from the left side will usually push it out), I can sell you a couple of exterior pieces for $40. The body side hinge parts are side specific, the plastic parts are not. If you do one at a time it is a lot easier to align the glass.
Back to top Go down
Sherlock128

Sherlock128

Trims and hinges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trims and hinges   Trims and hinges Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2016 10:06 pm

Okay cool I get paid Tuesday so I will message you around then thanks for all the info I will try not to break the clips but knowing me I will break them lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trims and hinges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trims and hinges   Trims and hinges Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trims and hinges
Page 1 of 1