GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

91 OCC Vent Window Hinges

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
smparr

smparr

91 OCC Vent Window Hinges Empty
PostSubject: 91 OCC Vent Window Hinges   91 OCC Vent Window Hinges Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2021 3:46 pm

I just opened my passenger side vent window and the bottom hinge split in half. Now when I open it, it is loose at the bottom. Has this happened to anyone else? What did you do to fix it?
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: 91 OCC Vent Window Hinges   91 OCC Vent Window Hinges Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2021 4:24 pm

I've never had one break like that, but I knew that was an issue.............So about 15 years I had 2 wagons, I brought them down to the local glass shop and had them sealed shut, with I believe butyl sealer.  They haven't moved or any related problem.

Not many wagon owners use those windows as no one ever sits there and they are a pain to use.  I know someone will say they use them all the time. And as an added bonus, they'll never leak.

Seal them and forget about them.

Tom
Back to top Go down
goldwolfnhn

PostSubject: Re: 91 OCC Vent Window Hinges   91 OCC Vent Window Hinges Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2021 6:04 pm

my 94 was missing one when I bought it, but someone just glued a roll of paper in it's place, it's fine when shut, but I've never driven with that window open.

Back to top Go down
smparr

smparr

PostSubject: Re: 91 OCC Vent Window Hinges   91 OCC Vent Window Hinges Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2021 6:13 pm

I open them because the A/C doesn't work and it allows air to flow through the whole car from the front windows.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: 91 OCC Vent Window Hinges   91 OCC Vent Window Hinges Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2021 9:33 pm

I have bunch of the wing windows with good hinges. I can sell one or both. $75 shipped for one $135 for both shipped.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 91 OCC Vent Window Hinges   91 OCC Vent Window Hinges Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

91 OCC Vent Window Hinges
Page 1 of 1