GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Window motor

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
familywagonfl

Window motor Empty
PostSubject: Window motor   Window motor Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 12:09 am

Hi everybody.
So after a year I'm finally got sick of the driver's window not working, I have a new ac delco motor. Panel is off and I'm not the first person to do this, which glad I don't have to drill out the rivets. My question is what is the best way to remove the regulator and motor? Pop out the track tabs then UN bolt it or reverse those steps? Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Window motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Window motor   Window motor Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 8:29 am

Pop the ball studs, then unbolt and remove the regulator. It will come out of the rear hole of the door. It takes a little wrangling to get it out. The hard part is replacing the motor. Be careful, and read other posts on making it safe, so you do not lose a finger. There is a strong spring that counters the weight of the glass.
Back to top Go down
lamune

lamune

Window motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Window motor   Window motor Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2016 10:57 am

I second the sentiment to be careful. It's also not easy due to several factors. Did the motor come with the proper rivets?

Also be aware that I noticed on one of mine that was stuck, the problem wasn't just the motor. The actual pivot had worn out-of-round and as a result after all the hassle of changing the motor the thing just jammed up as it did before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Window motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Window motor   Window motor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Window motor
Page 1 of 1