GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello from Kansas City!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
stressedwood

Hello from Kansas City! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Kansas City!   Hello from Kansas City! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2016 12:28 pm

I bought a 1991 Olds Custom Cruiser back in February and have been getting it ready for an Epic family road trip with my wife (has not been informed on the purchase) and my 10yo and 6 yo.  

Plan is head West July 1 and hit Grand Canyon, San Diego, PCH, Disneyland, Vegas and back through the Dakotas.

I am not sure how to upload pictures via the site. Help as I need some opinions on completion of the 1991 OCC
Back to top Go down
stressedwood

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kansas City!   Hello from Kansas City! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2016 3:21 pm

Hello from Kansas City! 1991si12Hello from Kansas City! Fronta10
Back to top Go down
stressedwood

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kansas City!   Hello from Kansas City! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2016 3:50 pm

Hello from Kansas City! Img_7210
Hello from Kansas City! Img_7211
Hello from Kansas City! Img_7212
Back to top Go down
stressedwood

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kansas City!   Hello from Kansas City! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2016 3:59 pm

So my plan is/was to take the unmolested 1991 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser and wrap it with a faux wood grain in a grey/black tone to play off of the lower ABS coloring.

The current matte grey wrap will only be exposed 1-1/4" beyond the wood grain to create the "panel" perimeter.

My graphic guy was having a hard time getting the grain to look how I wanted; so I picked it up Wednesday and installed the new powder coat wheels (to match ABS) and BF Goodrich 3-1/4" wide whites.

But people who have seen it as it sits really like the look.

Details on the car. 1991. 18,000 miles. It was for sale on Craigslist in Missouri and actually was discussed on the forum. The car is new condition. The paint on the door hinges scraped off when opened (as if they had never been opened). The car has never been detailed and is flawless.

We took it, put new hoses, rubber, water pump, thermostat, fluids, and radiator to get her road ready for the trek across the West.

Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kansas City!   Hello from Kansas City! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 11:53 am

Welcome,I love the look you have going! That rocks! cheers
Back to top Go down
Dropkick_Eddie

Dropkick_Eddie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kansas City!   Hello from Kansas City! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 7:33 am

Welcome, nice score man! I'm also digging the grey, and those whitewalls with the baby moons are killer!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kansas City!   Hello from Kansas City! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 9:51 am

Wow, that's a great and different look. I'd leave it as is, as the OCC never was optioned with wood.
Back to top Go down
stressedwood

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kansas City!   Hello from Kansas City! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 10:03 am

Thanks guys. Great forum here to bounce ideas off and learn tons on these relics!

Back to top Go down
stressedwood

PostSubject: Updated with final Mock-up   Hello from Kansas City! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 5:53 pm

Guys,

Here is the digital proof/mock-up. The actual is more grey and she is supposedly being finalized tomorrow. I will post once completed.

Hello from Kansas City! Img_2010
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kansas City!   Hello from Kansas City! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 6:08 pm

Love it!!!!
Back to top Go down
verdurous

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kansas City!   Hello from Kansas City! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 11:58 am

Um how and where do I get those wheels!?!? O_O want! want! what are they called?

Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kansas City!   Hello from Kansas City! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 1:41 pm

verdurous wrote:
Um how and where do I get those wheels!?!? O_O want! want! what are they called?

Google Baby Moons and Beauty Rings
Back to top Go down
verdurous

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kansas City!   Hello from Kansas City! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 11:50 am

Found many brands out there, with mixed reviews on quality, and a ridiculous amount of options.

so questions...

Decent brand suggestion?

A size/back spacing that's good?

who makes good white walls? (the brands I am finding I never heard of QQ )

TY and I apologize in advance for beeing a complete fool at this. I tried google, and searched for hours, this is just a big purchase for me so I want some confidence. Appreciated and TY again!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kansas City!   Hello from Kansas City! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Kansas City!
Page 1 of 1