GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New member in Kansas City

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Speed-Addict

Speed-Addict

New member in Kansas City Empty
PostSubject: New member in Kansas City   New member in Kansas City Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 2:38 am

Hello, new member from KC here. I have always been a fan of B bodies & finally got a nice one.

I bought a nice 1992 Buick Roadmaster Estate from the original owner @ 104,000 miles. It's a real creampuff grandpa's car. The previous owner owns a reputable auto shop & this car has been super maintained. I bought it for a daily driver, as my other wagon, a '74 Gran Torino, is not. I wasn't real thrilled with the color or woodgrain, but it was in such good shape...

I work as a welder/fabricator in the aftermarket performance business. I have 6 & 8 year old kids & they just love it... they get a kick out of the glass top. I love wagons for their versitility, I'm stubborn & won't get a minivan. I like my V8's & rear wheel drive too much!

I look forward to learning all about these cars with the knowledge here and modifying mine.

Paul Kester
Attachments
New member in Kansas City Attachmentphoto.JPG
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(132 Kb) Downloaded 25 times
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: New member in Kansas City   New member in Kansas City Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 4:51 am

wow that is nice welcome aboard
Back to top Go down
Speed-Addict

Speed-Addict

PostSubject: Re: New member in Kansas City   New member in Kansas City Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 9:52 am

Thanks, I'll confess right now... I'm not real proficient with computers, so I may have posting questions.
I have seen how people have pics attached to their comments, what is the easiest way of doing this?

Thanks, Paul.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New member in Kansas City   New member in Kansas City Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 10:10 am

Welcome to the gang and that is a very CLEAN wagon.Looks like it was garage kept as well.
Thanks for not going to the dark side and buying a minivan,I too like a RWD with a big V8 and
I too am not worth a damn when it comes to computers.What modifications,if any do you have planned?
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: New member in Kansas City   New member in Kansas City Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 10:14 am

Hey Paul, welcome! Nice looking wagon there! Those LAB (Light Adriatic Blue) woody cars look great with a set of chrome wheels on them. Like some Coy's or TT2's or something. Really changes the look from "grandpa" to "something special"... Smile

And as far as pic hosting... It's easy. Host em somewhere on line. I use www.photobucket.com and it's really easy to set up an account and upload pics to the site. Then, when your pics are hosted, you can "mouse over" the pics on their site and it gives you the link to copy and paste as an image here, or wherever you like to post. And if there is a pic already hosted, then you can copy and past the link between image tags.

So, using your avatar as an example, a hosted pic with image tages will look like this:
{img} https://2img.net/u/1313/61/75/32/avatars/884-16.jpg {/img}
(no spaces between the tags and links, and use "[" instead of "{" as the site wouldn't let me show you the right way)

Welcome aboard! And I'd love to see some pics of the 74, too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Speed-Addict

Speed-Addict

PostSubject: Re: New member in Kansas City   New member in Kansas City Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 11:08 am

Thank you guys, I'll work on that photo stuff later this weekend. I have to get busy detailing my F-150 to get ready sell to reimburse the bank account for the Buick!

My last GM was a '89 Chevy Caprice police interceptor ... I miss that one.

This one's of topic but here is my "other" wagon... 1974 Gran Torino. As you can see, I like everything...

Thanks again for the help, I'll get on that photo sharing... Paul

Well, that didn't work... I'll try again later...
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: New member in Kansas City   New member in Kansas City Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 12:21 pm

does it look like this?

New member in Kansas City 9648-1972-Ford-Torino

Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
Speed-Addict

Speed-Addict

PostSubject: Re: New member in Kansas City   New member in Kansas City Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 6:48 pm

Ha! I know that wagon... that's a '72 Gran Torino, a 1 year front end style. Mine is similar with a different front end... it's like the Starsky & Hutch Torino & nowhere near as fast as that '72!

As far as the Buick, I want to leave the body as is, larger wheels & tires, lowering, tint, air intake, exhaust. I want the rest of the drive train left stock.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: New member in Kansas City   New member in Kansas City Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 8:13 pm

I'm not up on my Torinos sorry....I used to see one that was similar to the one in the pic back when I was in high school (early 80s). Guy had tons of mods on it and it was quick.
Like the avatar btw
Back to top Go down
Speed-Addict

Speed-Addict

PostSubject: Re: New member in Kansas City   New member in Kansas City Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 10:35 am

Ok, I've been messing with photobucket, hopefully I've figured this out... Smile
These should be pics for my '74 Gran Torino... hopefully!

Paul.

Speed-Addict's Wagon Pics album on Photobucket
Back to top Go down
Speed-Addict

Speed-Addict

PostSubject: Re: New member in Kansas City   New member in Kansas City Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 10:36 am

Kool! I did it!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: New member in Kansas City   New member in Kansas City Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 11:01 am

Nice! I've never seen a photo album montage with photobucket... Pretty cool. Smile

And that's a sweet wagon! Never seen one of those before. Awesome! Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New member in Kansas City   New member in Kansas City Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 1:03 pm

Thats a beautiful Ford wagon,wheels and dropped to perfection!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: New member in Kansas City   New member in Kansas City Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 11:39 am

That's a cool Starsky and Hutch wagon! Nice score on the Roady too.

Welcome to the party and hope you stick around.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Speed-Addict

Speed-Addict

PostSubject: Re: New member in Kansas City   New member in Kansas City Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 8:49 pm

Thanks guys, the Torino is a blast, but this Buick is awful nice to drive everyday! I'm really enjoying it.
The Torino is a little soft in the rear quarters & tailgate... I'm looking for some dry southwest metal for repairs.
The Buick is rock solid, no rust & I am gonna try damn hard to keep it that way!
Right now I'm starting work on a cold air intake for the Buick, I'll post up pics as I figure it out.
Glad I found this forum & hopefully I can contribute to the cause!

Paul
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New member in Kansas City   New member in Kansas City Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 9:08 pm

Paul,glad you found us as well and good luck with keeping that beautiful wagon as rust free as
possible.You have your work cut out for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member in Kansas City   New member in Kansas City Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New member in Kansas City
Page 1 of 1