GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wanted Factory Reese Hitch Class 3

Go down 
+5
LOWIDER
DBeaSSt
96Brougham
toomanytoyz
Indy95LT1
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Indy95LT1

Indy95LT1

Wanted Factory Reese Hitch Class 3 Empty
PostSubject: Wanted Factory Reese Hitch Class 3   Wanted Factory Reese Hitch Class 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:19 pm

Wanted factory reese hitch, need to fit a 2 inch receiver so I can pull my enclosed motorcycle trailor, I'm just guessing a factory one will fit best. So if anybody has one bolted to there car they never use or laying around the garage let me know, Cash or paypal, can pick up depending on your location.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Wanted Factory Reese Hitch Class 3   Wanted Factory Reese Hitch Class 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 4:20 pm

I have one laying around. Pretty sure it's a class 3, but not sure it is factory...
Back to top Go down
96Brougham

PostSubject: Re: Wanted Factory Reese Hitch Class 3   Wanted Factory Reese Hitch Class 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 7:23 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
I have one laying around. Pretty sure it's a class 3, but not sure it is factory...

Dibs if he doesnt buy it.. need one so I can get a trailer for my ATV..
Back to top Go down
Indy95LT1

Indy95LT1

PostSubject: Re: Wanted Factory Reese Hitch Class 3   Wanted Factory Reese Hitch Class 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:55 am

toomanytoyz wrote:
PM sent
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Wanted Factory Reese Hitch Class 3   Wanted Factory Reese Hitch Class 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 11:02 am

I have a 'baby' hitch if anyone is interested. It's a 1" receiver, can't recall if that's Class 1 or 2. Fine for hauling around a utility trailer with an ATV or such. Little scaly but solid with a 2" ball welded in to the receiver.

Free delivered at WF10 or free plus shipping otherwise. Pics on request.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
LOWIDER

PostSubject: Re: Wanted Factory Reese Hitch Class 3   Wanted Factory Reese Hitch Class 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 10:25 pm

I have the class 111 hitch that you need, I took it off my '94 caprice wagon because I lowered it and ran my exhausts straight out the rear..........but I'm in South Florida !!!!
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: Wanted Factory Reese Hitch Class 3   Wanted Factory Reese Hitch Class 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 10:23 am

Is it spoken for yet?? I need one too.
COL
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Wanted Factory Reese Hitch Class 3   Wanted Factory Reese Hitch Class 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 12:01 pm

COL wrote:
COL
This post is a year and a half old, bud. No one's heard from lowider on this board in a year. Class III hitches are now a royal PIA to get for these wagons. They were discontinued sometime last summer. After calling several dozen places nationwide, my step-dad called U-haul's customer support number and talked to someone at "Hitch Central" in AZ and supposedly they said have one and it should be here soon. We will see, though.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Wanted Factory Reese Hitch Class 3   Wanted Factory Reese Hitch Class 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:20 pm

Lynol wrote:
COL wrote:
COL
This post is a year and a half old, bud. No one's heard from lowider on this board in a year. Class III hitches are now a royal PIA to get for these wagons. They were discontinued sometime last summer. After calling several dozen places nationwide, my step-dad called U-haul's customer support number and talked to someone at "Hitch Central" in AZ and supposedly they said have one and it should be here soon. We will see, though.

Im going to hijack for a second here... But is it just Class III hitches that they don't make anymore or is it all hitches? I'm looking at a quad and I'd have to use the wagon to tow it. But I assume I'd wouldn't need a Class III hitch to tow a quad and a small trailer.
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Wanted Factory Reese Hitch Class 3   Wanted Factory Reese Hitch Class 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:56 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
Lynol wrote:
COL wrote:
COL

Im going to hijack for a second here... But is it just Class III hitches that they don't make anymore or is it all hitches? I'm looking at a quad and I'd have to use the wagon to tow it. But I assume I'd wouldn't need a Class III hitch to tow a quad and a small trailer.
Yes Justin, it's just the class III's that are no longer being made. The class II's are still being made by several companies. My step-dad was told this by several shops a few weeks ago when he was hitch shopping for a III.
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: Wanted Factory Reese Hitch Class 3   Wanted Factory Reese Hitch Class 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 9:25 pm

Hey guys. Sorry I was jumping in on an out dated post. A newbie Forum flub up. I kept reading the posts and called someone who had one. As a result I am buying a 2" Class III from him. I need the heavy duty III hitch to pull my 1958 22' Airstream. I have a weight distribution set up I used with a 1958 Cadillac.
I will post photos when I get it set up and figure out how.
COL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanted Factory Reese Hitch Class 3   Wanted Factory Reese Hitch Class 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 10:13 pm

Are the sedans and wagon hitches the same?Nice class 3 for sale here locally for 75 bucks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanted Factory Reese Hitch Class 3   Wanted Factory Reese Hitch Class 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 12:16 am

Nope - wagons are wider.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Wanted Factory Reese Hitch Class 3   Wanted Factory Reese Hitch Class 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 9:48 am

Supposedly you can mod the sedan ones to fit a wagon (someone mentioned that on the big board). I think the hitch itself is the same width, but the mounts are completely different. The wagon has for the most part a nice flat mounting point where as a sedan slopes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanted Factory Reese Hitch Class 3   Wanted Factory Reese Hitch Class 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wanted Factory Reese Hitch Class 3
Page 1 of 1