GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tire Size Question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rev Bob

Tire Size Question Empty
PostSubject: Tire Size Question   Tire Size Question Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 6:37 am

Anyone using 255/60  17 tires on the Impala SS 17" wheels? Any rubs on RMW?
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

Tire Size Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Size Question   Tire Size Question Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 10:11 am

You should have no issues. Nearly the same height as factory tires.
Back to top Go down
bigredwagon

bigredwagon

Tire Size Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Size Question   Tire Size Question Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 9:18 pm

I run 255/55 and don't have issues.
Back to top Go down
Rev Bob

Tire Size Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Size Question   Tire Size Question Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 7:43 am

""I run 255/55 and don't have issues."

So do I. That is why I was wondering if the 26 mm taller tire would rub. The 255/55 is kinda close in several spots.
Back to top Go down
bigredwagon

bigredwagon

Tire Size Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Size Question   Tire Size Question Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 2:38 pm

A tire size calculator says diameter would go up from 28'' to 29''. Apart from your speedometer being off I can't imagine there would be a problem unless you have altered or lowered your suspension in some way. Other people have put much much larger tires on than we are running.

These cars all seem to be a little different in this area. Some rub on sway bars others don't. One of my rears is closer to the skirt than the other. Where is yours close?

Back to top Go down
Rev Bob

Tire Size Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Size Question   Tire Size Question Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

At the stabilizer bar, as you mentioned, and the very top of the RR wheelwell, but only under extreme loading conditions. The steering stops on the lower A arms were extended about 3/8", and that solved the stabilizer bar rub.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tire Size Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Size Question   Tire Size Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tire Size Question
Page 1 of 1