GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM

Go down 
+5
phantom 309
brokecello
toomanytoyz
lornejay1
Wagon Collector
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM Empty
PostSubject: Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM   Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:51 pm

I think I'm bringing this to the 'fest this year so I thought I'd share some pics. It's my '94 DGGM daily driver. I got it from Fred about 4 years ago and have hardly taken to time to wash it in that time. Recently I'm "in between jobs", so I had some time to clean it up. Also last fall I put a T56 in it. I still have a lot of detailing to do but it's coming around nicely.

Anyway, I had these parts on the shelf so I thought I'd put them to use - an Impala grille, LTZ hood badge, body colored door handles, etc. I may borrow the Impala SS wheels off my DCM '95 just for the fest. The DCM is down for a botched gear install that I don't have the money to fix at the moment.

I also blacked out the B and C pillars. Not sure I like it. Too bad since I used paint! Embarassed

Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM 941

Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM 942

Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM 943

Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM 944
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM   Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:15 pm

Nice Kevin. Show me the inside as it looks like you still have the bench seat in this one.

I just got my t56 over the weekend and will probably ask the same amount of questions as the pics I take.

On your wagon above, turtle wax ice,liquid,will make your roofrack and rear glass handle look like new. It won't bleach it white either like other waxes. It will last for months and dust won't stick to it.
Back to top Go down
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

PostSubject: Re: Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM   Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:29 pm

lornejay1 wrote:
Nice Kevin. Show me the inside as it looks like you still have the bench seat in this one.

I just got my t56 over the weekend and will probably ask the same amount of questions as the pics I take.

On your wagon above, turtle wax ice,liquid,will make your roofrack and rear glass handle look like new. It won't bleach it white either like other waxes. It will last for months and dust won't stick to it.

Thanks, Lorne - I'll pick up some of the ice stuff. I still need to run some glaze over it as it has quite a few swirl marks. I had to hit it hard with compound go get rid of most of the scratches.

Glad to see you're doing the T56 mod. And my answer to your first question is... 4.56 gears! Laughing

I'll snap some pics of the interior soon, but for now here is a view from the back seat. The seat can only be forward about 1" from all the way back or it won't go into 2/4/6. I need to custom bend a handle to get around that problem - or install a console.

Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM Bench
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM   Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 5:10 pm

I told you the 56's were the way to go! Smile

Nice looking wagon. The pillars will look better if you hit them with some gloss clear coat. Needs to be shiny between the shiny glass pieces. Wink

Buy a Hurst shift handle/arm. They make them for bench seat cars, too.
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM   Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 5:14 pm

Thats cool Kevin.

I guess I just need to do this to see what all the fuss is. Buying Mikes car allows this and other mods I want like exhaust and bonnies to now happen.

Actually since the shifter knob doesn't have any gear pattern on it,we aren't sure where reverse is. Looks like over and up on yours in the pic.

Do you need to push down or pull up to get R ?
Back to top Go down
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

PostSubject: Re: Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM   Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 6:43 pm

Well, Bill... I originally had them in semi-gloss, and I thought they were too shiney. I did some 'sperimentin' to get them to appear more like the rest of the black trim around the windows and roof rack, etc. I think I like it better. Maybe I'll see some shiny ones at the fest.

Lorne, yep, they're all over and up. There is an electric solenoid that needs to be hooked up for the reverse lockout to disengage. When you do, the car needs to be going less than a couple miles per hour in order to go into reverse. Works great. Let me know what year your car is and I'll shoot you detailed instructions. The '95s are a little easier. The '94s need some pins changed on one of the PCM connectors but it isn't too difficult.

Alternatively, you can just push past the solenoid to get it into reverse. It goes in pretty easy even if the solenoid isn't hooked up.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM   Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 7:35 pm

Looks nice!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM   Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 8:53 pm

the f2b kit comes with a handle relocating bracket,. turn it around and move the shifter forward then add the big bent hurst handle,.
bench seat with a 6 spd?? pffft.
bench shifter<<link

Nick
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM   Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 9:24 pm

Looks sweet. I'd really like a t56 myself.....someday.
Back to top Go down
bigoldv8

PostSubject: Re: Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM   Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 4:46 pm

Clean!

Hit that steering wheel with some SEM Prep and then Medium Grey - it'll look like new!
Back to top Go down
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

PostSubject: Re: Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM   Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 9:08 pm

bigoldv8 wrote:
Clean!

Hit that steering wheel with some SEM Prep and then Medium Grey - it'll look like new!

Yes, I very much need to do that.

Further up on the list is some mechanical stuff, though. In fact, it will no longer start unless I take a hair dryer to the optispark for a while. Any humidity at all and it'll just backfire and not start. I'll have to take it apart and have a look see.
Back to top Go down
ChevyChugg

PostSubject: Re: Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM   Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 9:50 am

Kevin, when my 95 wagon did that, it was not the opti, is was a rusty coil wire.
Back to top Go down
bigoldv8

PostSubject: Re: Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM   Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 9:57 am

had the same problem several years back due to a split ignition coil. at night you could see the sparks jumping. yee ha!!!
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM   Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 8:09 pm

Yeah, check/swap the coil and coil wire first and see what that does.

PS - nice wagon!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM   Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 11:43 am

+3 on the coil wire,squirt copious amounts of wd40 on it next time it doesn't want to start.
Back to top Go down
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

PostSubject: Re: Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM   Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 7:08 pm

Coil wire is new, I replaced it the first time this happened. No change.

The coil may well be the culprit... I'll check that out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM   Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Started Cleaning Up the '94 DGGM
Page 1 of 1