GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Are the back doors the same on Roady sedans and wagons?

Go down 
+3
Sprocket
brokecello
Mark 96 Roady
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mark 96 Roady

Are the back doors the same on Roady sedans and wagons? Empty
PostSubject: Are the back doors the same on Roady sedans and wagons?   Are the back doors the same on Roady sedans and wagons? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 5:56 pm

I found a nice sedan with perfect rear door interior panels. Will they work on my wagon?
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Are the back doors the same on Roady sedans and wagons?   Are the back doors the same on Roady sedans and wagons? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 8:12 pm

Good question....they are kinda the same....but look where the C pillar and the door panel meet.  

Would the dimensions be close enough to make it work?  I dunno...worth a shot though in my opinion. It does look like the wagon bottom is longer. However...keep in mind you can take this panel apart into two halves. So what if the top half was good and grafted it on the bottom half of your wagon panel?

SEDAN
Are the back doors the same on Roady sedans and wagons? Screen11

__

WAGON
Are the back doors the same on Roady sedans and wagons? Screen10
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Are the back doors the same on Roady sedans and wagons?   Are the back doors the same on Roady sedans and wagons? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 9:15 pm

My dog scratched the upper part last year when she got loose from being attached to the grab bar in the back. Thanks for the pictures. I may get it just because they are cheap at the pull a part and see.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Are the back doors the same on Roady sedans and wagons?   Are the back doors the same on Roady sedans and wagons? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 3:08 pm

If my feeble memory is correct, I believe they fit, but not exactly, as you say, they are cheap, you waste more money on beer, so go for it and make a full report with CAD drawings and scientific measurements.

Anxiously awaiting the results of your quest....
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Are the back doors the same on Roady sedans and wagons?   Are the back doors the same on Roady sedans and wagons? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 11:26 pm

Strangely enough the door panels themselves are gone, but who ever took them left the pull handles with the flimsy wood grain trim, in perfect shape, which I took. I also took the front seat covers for both front seats, the cool pleated non Limited style. I've always wondered, and posted here before, if those covers will fit on my Limited seat frames. The junk yard car didn't have power recline, or heat, like mine does, and taking the covers is cheaper and easier than hauling both seats home. Apparently I must have smelled good yesterday at the yard, because the young girl at the counter smiled and told me she was only going to charge me for seat covers. So, I got both the driver and passenger seat skins, upper and lower, tan leather in nearly perfect shape, for $8.00!! Score!!
Back to top Go down
lamune

lamune

PostSubject: Re: Are the back doors the same on Roady sedans and wagons?   Are the back doors the same on Roady sedans and wagons? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 11:58 pm

The doors have a different shape and arrangement internally between sedan and wagon. Even the window regulators are different. I'm not sure there's much that could be swapped over except maybe the lock assembly.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Are the back doors the same on Roady sedans and wagons?   Are the back doors the same on Roady sedans and wagons? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 9:29 am

The top rear corner is cut off differently on the sedan. The panels are the same otherwise. The inner part of the door has the same profile on the wagon and sedan in the area of the interior panel. The reason the regulators are different is because the sedan has the small fixed window, so the moving part is smaller, and requires different articulation for proper lowering. The rear part of the door is different after the sloping line of the door opening.

There is a tan interior wagon in the local yard with good rear door panels if anyone is interested. (at least they were good when I was there last week)

Mark The girl at the yard probably got a whiff of your male hormones in your sweat. Some girls are turned on by that, and that may be why she works at the yard to begin with...bunch of sweaty guys.

Standard seat covers will not fit the Limited seats. Put them up for sale, or trade for a set of Limited seat covers.
Back to top Go down
MG Davis

MG Davis

PostSubject: Re: Are the back doors the same on Roady sedans and wagons?   Are the back doors the same on Roady sedans and wagons? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 5:35 pm

Mark 96 Roady wrote:
Strangely enough the door panels themselves are gone, but who ever took them left the pull handles with the flimsy wood grain trim, in perfect shape, which I took. I also took the front seat covers for both front seats, the cool pleated non Limited style. I've always wondered, and posted here before, if those covers will fit on my Limited seat frames. The junk yard car didn't have power recline, or heat, like mine does, and taking the covers is cheaper and easier than hauling both seats home. Apparently I must have smelled good yesterday at the yard, because the young girl at the counter smiled and told me she was only going to charge me for seat covers. So, I got both the driver and passenger seat skins, upper and lower, tan leather in nearly perfect shape, for $8.00!! Score!!

If, as Fred says, the seat cover doesnt fit for you, I'll take the driver's side bottom off your hands if its in good shape.
Back to top Go down
Dr.Oldsmobile

PostSubject: Re: Are the back doors the same on Roady sedans and wagons?   Are the back doors the same on Roady sedans and wagons? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 3:17 pm

Mark 96 Roady wrote:
Apparently I must have smelled good yesterday at the yard, because the young girl at the counter smiled and told me she was only going to charge me for seat covers. So, I got both the driver and passenger seat skins, upper and lower, tan leather in nearly perfect shape, for $8.00!! Score!!

I used to take my wife to the yard with me when I had to make a major purchase, and I figured I got about 40-50% off the posted prices when I let the blonde pay for parts while I took my tools out to the car.

The yard I go to most frequently now usually has a girl at the counter that doesn't seem to be into blondes. She likes my dad flirting with her, but she still doesn't give discounts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are the back doors the same on Roady sedans and wagons?   Are the back doors the same on Roady sedans and wagons? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are the back doors the same on Roady sedans and wagons?
Page 1 of 1