GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Intermittent hiccup/ cel light issue

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eds rmw

Intermittent hiccup/ cel light issue Empty
PostSubject: Intermittent hiccup/ cel light issue   Intermittent hiccup/ cel light issue Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 10:29 pm

Hello ! My 95 rmw has this odd issue. It runs great . in the last week it will once in a while have a slight hesitation for a second. This happens only at low speeds, like accelerating slightly, to pull into traffic. The low oil level light comes for a second, goes out,then the check engine light comes on, stays on. The a.c. compressor kicks out also. If you stop,turn off the car and restart, the cel goes off, a.c. works again. I have cleaned all grounds, and power wire junction under the hood, changed the low oil level sensor. I have cleared the codes, so maybe that will show me something next time it does this.
Any ideas ?

Thanks,
Ed Kelly
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Intermittent hiccup/ cel light issue   Intermittent hiccup/ cel light issue Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 11:18 am

Did you disconnect, clean, and tighten the battery terminal connections?
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Intermittent hiccup/ cel light issue   Intermittent hiccup/ cel light issue Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 12:40 pm

Eds rmw wrote:
Hello ! My 95 rmw has this odd issue. It runs great . in the last week it will once in a while have a slight hesitation for a second. This happens only at low speeds, like accelerating slightly, to pull into traffic. The low oil level light comes for a second, goes out,then the check engine light comes on, stays on. The a.c. compressor kicks out also. If you stop,turn off the car and restart, the cel goes off, a.c. works again. I have cleaned all grounds, and power wire junction under the hood, changed the low oil level sensor. I have cleared the codes, so maybe that will show me something next time it does this.
Any ideas ?

Thanks,
Ed Kelly

read the history codes in the hvac,.see what codes its giving you,.

sounds to me like its running rough and stalling,..so it is sensing low oil pressure etc,.

diagnosing driveability troubles on the internet is very difficult,.

Next time this happens, just keep driving with the cel light on, and report back to us,.

Also describe how the car runs and drives most of the time,. i.e wide open throttle,. part throttle crusing,
is your fuel mileage good,.

Not sure on the low oil level light thing,. thats a new one on me,.unless its the low oil pressure light you are seeing,
Back to top Go down
Eds rmw

PostSubject: Re: Intermittent hiccup/ cel light issue   Intermittent hiccup/ cel light issue Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 3:00 pm

Thanks for the replies, and helping me figure this out.

I did clean the battery cable ends, and all the other grounds

In learning to pull the codes, I erased the stored ones. OOPs. I am going to check them again when it does its thing.

It is running great. idles fine. Plenty of power thru out the rpm range.it is getting 19.0, mpg in mixed driving, I check it regularly.
It is the low oil level light that flashes, not the oil pressure light. it is full of oil.

I have owned it since april, it was skipping when I bought it. I tuned it up, ( new plugs, wires, a cheap new Opti )

when it started this problem, I installed a new Accel coil, a good used ICM.

Thanks again for the help.

Ed
Back to top Go down
Eds rmw

PostSubject: Re: Intermittent hiccup/ cel light issue   Intermittent hiccup/ cel light issue Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 6:58 pm

It hiccuped one time today. Code thru the hvac is showing 36 . So... I guess my cheap opti's sensor is on the way out. Think I will just change sensor out for the mitsbishi one that was in it originally. What do you guys think ?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Intermittent hiccup/ cel light issue   Intermittent hiccup/ cel light issue Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 10:08 pm

Low oil light is probably just the connector getting dirty.
Back to top Go down
Eds rmw

PostSubject: Re: Intermittent hiccup/ cel light issue   Intermittent hiccup/ cel light issue Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 6:48 pm

Problem solved .
The optical sensor in my ebay opti !
The plastic? Case of the sensor warped, allowing the trigger wheel to rub the sensor.
The rest of the opti still looked New, the bearing is nice and smooth,so..
I replaced the sensor and trigger wheel with the gm parts from my original opti.

Ed Kelly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intermittent hiccup/ cel light issue   Intermittent hiccup/ cel light issue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intermittent hiccup/ cel light issue
Page 1 of 1