GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bonneville rear seat 2nd row

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

Bonneville rear seat 2nd row Empty
PostSubject: Bonneville rear seat 2nd row   Bonneville rear seat 2nd row Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 2:04 am

So... I am now the proud (?) owner of a rather well-known set of gray cloth Bonneville seats that were installed in a blue Oldsmobile by someone here.

They know who they are and what they did. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Has anyone put this rear seat in a wagon properly? How did you do it?
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Bonneville rear seat 2nd row   Bonneville rear seat 2nd row Icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 4:52 pm

From the archives...http://www.grail-ss.com/Bonneville%20Seat%20Install.htm Hope this helps,got a feeling you might have figured it out by now. scratch
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: Bonneville rear seat 2nd row   Bonneville rear seat 2nd row Icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 5:31 pm

Admittedly, I haven't touched them. I'll probably farm this one out to an upholstery shop, I guess.

Not my cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Bonneville rear seat 2nd row   Bonneville rear seat 2nd row Icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 9:08 pm

There is a detailed thread on accomplishing this over at ISSF.
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: Bonneville rear seat 2nd row   Bonneville rear seat 2nd row Icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 11:50 pm

Yeah, there's a good one for the 94-96 cars. Haven't seen anyone do it on a 91-93 though.

I don't have the plastic layer. I think I need to cut the Bonnie seat to fit the metal back of the wagon seat and then re-install.

Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

PostSubject: Re: Bonneville rear seat 2nd row   Bonneville rear seat 2nd row Icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2017 6:01 pm

The rear seat is quite different, and I don't think there is really really one good way to fit them in a TBI wagon. I recall when I got my Bonnie seats 4 years ago I removed the factory seat bottom and laid the bonneville seat bottom in, it was too wide and hit the rear seat supports. Kinda killed the idea at the time but I've been hanging onto the rear seat thinking I'll tackle it again at some point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bonneville rear seat 2nd row   Bonneville rear seat 2nd row Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bonneville rear seat 2nd row
Page 1 of 1