GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install

Go down 
+13
81X11
Fred Kiehl
LM91
200OZ
DBeaSSt
BigBlackBeaSSt
sherlock9c1
buickestate
Krzdimond
toomanytoyz
Sprocket
94Woody
brokecello
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
brokecello
brokecello

OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Empty
PostSubject: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 8:24 pm

Well, I am counting the days until Sat! Hooking up with Mike in KY and we are installing some new seats and shifter console in the OCC Smile

I got a jump start on some of the process Sun afternoon. Found my B-pillar leak issue and fixed that. Took out the nasty old carpet (I have a newish replacement ready to go in Sat) and took the rails off the driver's seat and stored it away.

So I'm riding up in my passenger bucket...and the wife will be cruising in the backseat on the 400 mile trip Fri. Lol She is a trooper!

Here are the seats/console that are going in

OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install DSC01950

Here is the nasty old carpet removed Sun...was still really wet in some places. Yuck. And before you say the carpet just needs cleaning...you can't see the 3 big wear holes in the driver's foot area!! Smile

OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install IMG_1705

Floorpans looked nice! I was expecting worse. Only needed a good cleaning.

OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install IMG_1706

Put some sound insulation down in spots on the floor...didn't do it all since I dont have the brackets welded on for the console yet. This was also a "quick its getting dark and cold" job. This is just Peel and Seal. Nothing fancy, but it does make a difference and you can easily do the whole front floorpan with two $13 rolls.

OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install IMG_1709

This is how I'm rolling till Sat. Lol I get a lot of weird looks on the road right now (well...more than usual)

OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install IMG_1712
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 9:11 pm

Very cool. Hopefully you aren't installing an ACC carpet. I am not pleased with mine AT ALL.

I'm jealous of your clean not rusted floor pans.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 9:11 pm

DIg the lighting and tin foil carpet......looks like a night club, lol
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 9:32 pm

Looking good. You'll love the bonnies! I miss them. bad. Sad
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 9:38 pm

Looks like a fun job!!

Chris, could you post the products that you use as in what is the aluminum carpet and new carpet and where did you get them?

It rained here for 28 hours straight yesterday into this morning and I woke to 1/2" of standing water in the passenger floorboard.

What's wrong with the ACC carpet??
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 9:50 pm

Chris... I can hear the OCC now.....

OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install 410114

Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 9:57 pm

The ACC carpet just does not lay flat over the hump. I've tried it twice. It's nice stuff, but if you're looking for show-car fit, those ain't it. Wink
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 10:15 pm

Love those charcoal cloth Bonnies - had them in my 9C1 for many years.

Where was the B-pillar leak coming from?
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 10:25 pm

Lol...yeah...it looks a little funky right now!! My "new carpet" is actually from another wagon...so its factory carpet. Mike (in VA) had it on hand when I got this wagon from him. Ive had it tucked away until now.

The sound insulation stuff I used (and I stress this is NOT high dollar stuff...I am just wanting to quiet things a little on a budget) is really called Peal and Seal. You can get it at Lowes for $13-14 a roll. I've read about others using it a couple years ago and had a buddy use quite a bit of it in one of his wagons....3 years later no issues. It is basically the same material as Hushmat, but not as thick. You clean the floor, lay it on and press/roll it smooth.

You can tell a change when you do the 'ol tap test. I am pleased, and two rolls is more than enough for the front floorpans. I might get another roll and do the cargo area too.

OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Photo-0205
OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install IMG_1714
OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install IMG_1718
OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install IMG_1708
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 10:34 pm

sherlock9c1 wrote:
Love those charcoal cloth Bonnies - had them in my 9C1 for many years.

Where was the B-pillar leak coming from?

I never noticed this....but the 91 (at least my 91 OCC) is lacking the extra B pillar seal the newer wagons have... I know it was like that from the factory because I don't have the extra screw holes for it! The water was coming in the door seal (where it meets around the b pillar) I put a hose over that area indirectly...and WHOOSH! Once I looked further...you can see a gaping hole where the seal did not touch the door. I adjusted the door some, but need to put the extra seals on from a couple of parts doors I have.

I also need to check the box in the cowl and/or the AC drain tube. Looked like I had a little leak seeping down the firewall there too.

OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install 07
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 11:35 pm

Very Nice......... Gotta get some of that peal and seal. Might want it with new exhaust.........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 9:54 am

I'm jealous. Sad I wish they made bonnies that matched the TBI red.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 10:18 am

Stingroo wrote:
I'm jealous. Sad I wish they made bonnies that matched the TBI red.

The dark grey or black would not look bad............. Or you can use 2 passenger seats from a wagon/sedan...........
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 10:54 am

That asphalt/tar stuff does a great job. I also HIGHLY recommend application on the quarter panels and third seat floor. Really quiets things down. Only drawback... adds weight. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 12:24 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
The ACC carpet just does not lay flat over the hump. I've tried it twice. It's nice stuff, but if you're looking for show-car fit, those ain't it. Wink

It doesn't sit right over the hump, or the rear floor pans or the driver front floor pan. It sure is pretty though. Never again.
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 2:01 pm

Chris, did you paint your int. bits black?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 5:32 pm

Yeah Mike, I posted in the Wanted section, I'm looking for a passenger seat TBI red seat skin.

Anyone finds one, let me know ASAP! Smile

[/hijack]
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 8:47 pm

200OZ wrote:
Chris, did you paint your int. bits black?

No, that is one of the OCC touches....black trim in places Smile
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 4:30 pm

So........
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 6:54 pm

94Woody wrote:
So........

Lol...I was hoping y'all forgot. I came down with Bronchitis (something Ive never had before and did a double take when the Dr told me) Thurs and was flat knocked out until Sun. So the trip got axed. Cara did miss out on a once in a lifetime backseat ride! Lol

BUT, if I can heal up (which I am sure I can) I am going this weekend Wink This has to be done!! Lol I cant roll up to WF Florida looking like I do now.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 9:04 pm

That sucks man. Hope you get feeling better. The weather is too nice to be sick Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 9:33 pm

Hey Chris I am glad you brought up the door seal diff between the 95 RMW and the 91 OCC.At first I thought I was just crazy because I noticed a
distinct difference between the door thumps when the doors are shut.The 95 has a very deep thrump when you gently close the door.Tha same
door on the OCC makes a much more tinny sounding thunk if that makes any sense.Basically the 95 sounds better built more japanese where as
the 91 sounds more typical of an older american car.Note that the 91 has 69000 miles and the 95 maybe 169000 miles.Tryed to measure the sound
level with my trusty Radio Skack digital decebel meter but was unable to pick up any difference.Also noticed that the seals are shaped differently
around the outer edge.
M H O
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
LM91

PostSubject: Lights   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 5:34 pm

brokecello:

The last picture in your first post shows part of the dash and instrument cluster. What/how did you do to the lights?

Bill
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 7:20 pm

Hey Bill, Flasheroo here.What do you mean about the lights?I have a 91 OCC same as Chris
except my interior is dark blue leather.Thats how the interior lights look with the interior
lights switched on and I think the map lights turned off.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 12:53 am

The color code for Dark Maple Red is 70I on the SPID. The Olds has a different stitching pattern to the seats than the Caprice and RMW/S.
Back to top Go down
LM91

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 9:34 am

Flasheroo wrote:
Hey Bill, Flasheroo here.What do you mean about the lights?I have a 91 OCC same as Chris
except my interior is dark blue leather.Thats how the interior lights look with the interior
lights switched on and I think the map lights turned off.

They have a nice blue color, and the needles stand out.

I'm putting together a harness to put a Roadmaster (91-92-93) cluster in my 91 Caprice sedan, and I'm looking at using blue lights, probably LED, for everything on the dash. The JVC radio/CD/Satellite I put in has blue lights standard.

I came here on a reference from ISSF to find someone who makes the harness, but that hasn't worked out, so I'm going to do it myself. May even offer a complete package for sale.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 9:59 am

Now this could be interesting. Smile
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 8:37 pm

Well...its done Smile WHOO!!!

Ready to start the work...

OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install IMG_1724
OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install IMG_1721

Seat rails installed and test fitting...

OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install IMG_1723

Rear seat bottom requires some relocation of the tabs on the seat frame. We used pieces from the OCC seat frame. Key is to protect the foam when welding. Lol Otherwise you will have burn holes. We used a piece of old hose reel and a wet towel. (welding blanket would be the right thing to use, but we didn't have one on hand)

OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install IMG_1735
OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install IMG_1729
OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install IMG_1733
OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install IMG_1734

Rear seat will change once I have the $$ to have a shop do it. For now we made a backing for it, bolted the bottom tabs to the floor and it actually fits pretty nice (hot glued and stapled some carpet on the back of the seat to cover the board) Its not fancy, but I am happy for now. Seat is level..but that rear cargo piece stuck to it is alittle off (lol) Cargo cover will hide that. That whole cargo area is pretty worn out.

OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install IMG_1727
OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install IMG_1740
OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install IMG_1741
OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install IMG_1739

Shifter brackets all in...and cable fed through floor.

OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install IMG_1744
OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install IMG_1742
OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install IMG_1747

All done Smile (for now)

OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install IMG_1750
OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install IMG_1751
OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install IMG_1758
OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install IMG_1760
OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install IMG_1762
OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install IMG_1765
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 9:20 pm

Looks good chris
did they make bonnies in 91-93 RMW tan?
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 9:39 pm

Looks good!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:23 pm

Chris I bet it felt great on the drive home after all the delays and illnesses.Looks great and
now you need to change the rest of the cars interior to match the seats.Whats next for
the RMW you rebuilt?I wanna see that car back on the road,showing off that pretty and
new underside.
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 7:15 am

Congrats Chris! Glad to see you made it up there and got it done!
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 8:20 am

Some of the 91-93 Caprice wagons and RMW/Ss have gray interiors. You could get all but the map pocket and steering wheel in gray from them. The Caprice even has the matching pull strap trim for the doors in gray. To cover the Roadmaster nomenclature on a Roadie dash, you could mount the map pocket on it after painting with color matching paint, or transfer your woodgrain panel to the Roadie base. I believe the 91-93 Olds sedans had the option of gray interiors for the steering wheel, or now might be the time for an aftermarket wheel. Happy hunting.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 10:31 am

Now I want bonnies. Anyone want some vinyl 9C1 buckets? Laughing
Back to top Go down
rh96ss

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 2:06 pm

I couldn't get a good enough weld when I tried welding the "new" bracket. It was my first time welding.
Looks good.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 6:43 pm

Thanks guys! I love 'em...so much better than the stock ones I had (they were pretty worn out)

Pat, not sure...but I know they have a tan that matches the 94-96 shade. Might be close?

The gray kind of ties into the outside cladding I think. From the outside looking in, it seems to flow ok. I have thought about grabbing some of the gray bits you mentioned Fred. The door pulls at least. Good call. I think a gray wrap on the steering wheel might look nice too. Dunno....

Here are some pics I took on the way home. Smile Someone stopped and asked if I was selling my wagon and how much. Lol I said I was just taking pictures of my new seats. We ended up talking about old wagons for a bit until it got dark.

OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install IMG_1766
OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install IMG_1767
OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install IMG_1769
OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install IMG_1771
OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install IMG_1774
OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install IMG_1776
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 8:38 pm

Beautiful wagon Chris!!Curious about your rims and tires.What size are they please?
Like the way the offset makes the rims kinda jump out at you a little especialy on
the front.
Keep up the mods
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 9:18 pm

OK guys here I go!Found a 97 Bonny SSE with charcoal leather articulating seats and HUD for $750 bucks.Interior looks very complete,no rips or tears and
the center console has the 9 button control panel for the seats.I want to strip the interior out and try to incorporate the HUD into my RMW when and if
I sell my OCC.Car in nice shape for 200,000 miles but dont care about the car just the interior.
What do you guys think of this idea and do you think using the HUD will be hard or impossible.By the way car needs a new trans but otherwise complete
with title.
Comments Please
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 9:32 pm

The HUD might be hard, if not impossible. But the 9ways (I thought they were 12?) Are actually pretty easy to do.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 10:20 pm

Wow, CHris looks great. We will be talking at Daytona as I have 2 sets to do myself, and found a another set of Bonnies yesrday at a local PNP in charcoal, but I think the grey fabric stockers from Ruby will go into my 91 OCC as they are in nice shape and I already own 'em.

Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 10:56 pm

Looks SWEET Chris, and the blue/gray int ties the inside to the out side, don't sweat it too much. cheers

Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 10:58 pm

How much did the yard want for the Charcoal set?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... Smile
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 5:27 am

Great job Chris. I needed the answers on the rear bottom and you gave them to me..... (easy on the jokes!!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 7:36 am

I... he just... well. It's already been said.

Smile
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 12:04 pm

Tim'a such NICE guy.....
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 12:09 pm

Nice job Chris!

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 12:43 pm

200OZ wrote:
Looks SWEET Chris, and the blue/gray int ties the inside to the out side, don't sweat it too much. cheers

Mike

Reminds me of the Civil War.. ; )
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 1:23 pm

I have a set of front and rear gray cloth Bonnies...no rips just need a little cleaning. They are 6 ways. I bought them to save them from the crusher...car was crushed 2 days later. I have a red interior, and would trade them for red ones. They do not have the rails.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 10:41 pm

Thanks again for the nice comments! The wagon shows nice in the pics...but some of y'all will see its blemishes in FL. The more I work on this wagon...the more I want to get it painted!

Tim, you need to have the new rear seat bottom tabs angled a bit like the pic too. If you do them straight on like the stock ones...the seat is not as tight. (if that makes sense)

Flasheroo wrote:
Beautiful wagon Chris!!Curious about your rims and tires.What size are they please?
Like the way the offset makes the rims kinda jump out at you a little especialy on
the front.
Keep up the mods
Jim Gordon

Well, I know they are 15x8in Eagle wheels. About 12 years old and I traded them with a buddy that got them new. I will ask about the BS too. Tires are huge IMO. I forget the size but will look tomorrow for you. I think 245/60/15. (but don't hold me to that) I had to really smooth out the rear wheelwells for them to fit. (more on the passenger side thanks to GM's careful placement of the body on the frame at the factory) Wink Here is a pic after round 1 of grinding. I had to go back 2 more times before I had it right. Note to self, make sure you have a full tank of gas and lots of weight in the rear when checking clearance. LOL!

OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install IMG_1688
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 11:18 pm

Man those are good looking 12 year old rims.Original owner took very good care of them.Thats a
awesome looking Custom Cruiser Chris.
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install   OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OCC Bonneville Seat Swap / Bravada Console Install
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next