GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tunercat definition file

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Big Jack

Tunercat definition file Empty
PostSubject: Tunercat definition file   Tunercat definition file Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 10:55 am

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone's got the Tunercat "$EE" definition file for the LT1?

Tunercat wants $20 for it, but I've heard there can be a delay in getting it.

I'll paypal to offset your purchase cost.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Tunercat definition file   Tunercat definition file Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 12:28 pm

yeah for obd1, I just use tunerpro. Not as user friendly as tunercats though. You must use category view and enable tooltips to use this definition properly. You also have to use excell spreadsheets for calculating tire parameters, etc. Not the end of the world, but maybe 20$ is worth it for tunercats if you don't mind spending the 20$.

Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Tunercat definition file   Tunercat definition file Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 2:08 pm

If you're not really technically savvy with fuel injection theory, just spend the $20 and you'll get a copy within hours.

The last time I tuned I used a combination of TunerCat and TunerPro for the same reason as Jason mentioned. There are LT1 geniuses working on updates to the TunerPro definition but it's a whole different world than just "add a little fuel and a few degrees timing to jazz it up."
Back to top Go down
andy caprice

PostSubject: Re: Tunercat definition file   Tunercat definition file Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 2:36 am

I've used this definition file for TunerPro:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also, the eehack is an intresting tool for logging, analyzing and flashing. Not as visual as Datamaster (which seems to be discontinued  Shocked ), but can do other things, as test some changes real time:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Tunercat definition file   Tunercat definition file Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 9:45 am

eehack is the best thing out there for OBD1 LT1s. Used properly, it reduces tuning time from days to hours. But you had better know what you're doing before you go jacking with stuff.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Tunercat definition file   Tunercat definition file Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 9:32 pm

Ee hack works great on the caddy and the orange car
Forcing lean afr is nteresting
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Tunercat definition file   Tunercat definition file Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 8:19 am

Atlantadan have you tried different PCMs, laptops or cables?
Back to top Go down
Big Jack

PostSubject: Re: Tunercat definition file   Tunercat definition file Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 9:23 pm

Maybe I should have well let things be.
I used winflash to read the bin off the PCM & saved it.
I made a copy of that bin & made some minor changes (set normal mode shift time to 0 & fuel shut off speed to 150 mph). I tried to write the new bin to the PCM. It errored about 3/4 way thru.
So I tried to re-write he stock bin back to the PCM, it errored 3/4 way thru.
Now, at key on, engine off the electric cooling fan runs.
I can start the engine & drive the car but "Service Engine Soon" light is on & transmission definitely isn't working right.
It the PCM "bricked"? can it be saved?
HELP
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Tunercat definition file   Tunercat definition file Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 6:05 pm

What program did you end up using ?

I didn't think anything would let you set the shift time to 0.

If my spare obd1 pcm were with me on the east coast I'd be happy to send it to you,but it's on the west coast.

Pretty sure a bricked pcm won't let you start the car.  Both fans on is a bad sign though, you messed up the program, but I think your PCM might be salvageable.   Check to make sure you don't have a break in the pink wire the Blue connector Pin 9 (D9). This pin is PCM power running from Fuse 15 in the drivers side dash.

Last edited by jasonlachapelle on Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Big Jack

PostSubject: Re: Tunercat definition file   Tunercat definition file Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 7:37 pm

jasonlachapelle wrote:
What program did you end up using ?

I didn't think anything would let you set the shift time to 0.

If my spare obd1 pcm were with me on the east coast I'd be happy to send it to you,but it's on the west coast.

Pretty a bricked pcm won't let you start the car.  Both fans on is a bad sign though, you messed up the program, but I think your PCM might be salvageable.   Check to make sure you don't have a break in the pink wire the Blue connector Pin 9 (D9). This pin is PCM power running from Fuse 15 in the drivers side dash.

I used winflash to read stock bin from PCM, Tunerpro to modify bin & winflash to (attempt to) write to PCM.
There are tables for shift times in "normal" & "performance" modes. All times in "performance" mode are 0, "normal" mode are non-zero. Since the RMW has no "performance" mode, I changed all the "normal" mode table values to 0.

I've got a replacement PCM on the way from another member.
Back to top Go down
Big Jack

PostSubject: Re: Tunercat definition file   Tunercat definition file Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 7:51 pm

atlantadan wrote:
If the car will start and run, the PCM is not bricked, but the program you flashed to it may be jacked. I'd wager a guess it was due to something chattering in the background while the flash was happening. With a wagon, pull the underhood fuse for self leveling suspension. On the inside fuse panel, pull the fuses for airbag and AC/DRL. (15 & 20 in the Caprice wagon). That should give you a clean ALDL path for reading & flashing.

Give it another shot with the fuses pulled, and your laptop plugged in and antivirus programs OFF. And go ahead and buy a spare PCM.

I've tried reflashing the stock bin, but the laptop can no longer communicate with pcm
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Tunercat definition file   Tunercat definition file Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 8:48 pm

do you have 2.56 gears ?
I have a tweaked 95 tune for 2.56 gears and 87 octane, with optimized shifting for the 2.56.  I put 2nd gear start back in and lowered the fan turn on temps. Can't remember what tire diameter I put in but you can adjust it to whatever you want.

Pretty sure it has ECC functionality, but it was in a caprice so not 100% sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tunercat definition file   Tunercat definition file Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tunercat definition file
Page 1 of 1