GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Looking for a good cheap aftermarket Cat that will add power

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
harrisons13

harrisons13

Looking for a good cheap aftermarket Cat that will add power Empty
PostSubject: Looking for a good cheap aftermarket Cat that will add power   Looking for a good cheap aftermarket Cat that will add power Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 11:27 pm

Hi, My 93 RMW as a bad cat and 02 sensor, and I heard that Thunderbolt 3 inch catsing power. What cat would you recommend, I'm looking to add a little power, but also keep the car quiet and clean! I also heard a flowmaster Y250300is good but that's for another part of the exhaust.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkqi6xKihlvfX82nZ3nmCHQ?view_as
TheRoadmasterKing

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a good cheap aftermarket Cat that will add power   Looking for a good cheap aftermarket Cat that will add power Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 11:50 pm

Good luck with that... California typically does a visual inspection of exhaust components and if they see something aftermarket welded in there they'll probably fail you on your inspection.

If you do swap something in, make sure it's CARB-exempt.
Gotta love California with all their stupid special regulations...
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a good cheap aftermarket Cat that will add power   Looking for a good cheap aftermarket Cat that will add power Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 7:53 am

TheRoadmasterKing wrote:
Good luck with that... California typically does a visual inspection of exhaust components and if they see something aftermarket welded in there they'll probably fail you on your inspection.

If you do swap something in, make sure it's CARB-exempt.
Gotta love California with all their stupid special regulations...

Wait a minute here, RMK you're 14 or 15 years old.  I'm guessing never have owned a car, definitely not a Roadmaster.  This member is asking for serious input and help for his car.  He lives in CA, which is I'm sure, a pain to pass the emissions test.  I think you better stick to the light and fluffy posts.  Sit back and observe and learn.  Your time will come someday, but not now!

Tom
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a good cheap aftermarket Cat that will add power   Looking for a good cheap aftermarket Cat that will add power Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 10:49 am

A cat won't add any power. It's a restriction (and honestly, probably a minimal one anyway for a stock 350). Buy a 50-state Walker replacement from the parts store (usually pretty cheap; replaced two of them on my Civic and Sonoma over the years) and then pick out some mufflers that get you the sound you want.

I wouldn't pay extra for a Flowmaster branded cat - you'll do better adding power other ways.
Back to top Go down
TheRoadmasterKing

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a good cheap aftermarket Cat that will add power   Looking for a good cheap aftermarket Cat that will add power Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 1:56 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
Wait a minute here, RMK you're 14 or 15 years old.  I'm guessing never have owned a car, definitely not a Roadmaster.  This member is asking for serious input and help for his car.  He lives in CA, which is I'm sure, a pain to pass the emissions test.  I think you better stick to the light and fluffy posts.  Sit back and observe and learn.  Your time will come someday, but not now!

Tom

Sorry. I was just being cautious because I have a few other friends from California who've put custom exhaust on their cars and then failed the visual inspection and emissions tests.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a good cheap aftermarket Cat that will add power   Looking for a good cheap aftermarket Cat that will add power Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for a good cheap aftermarket Cat that will add power
Page 1 of 1