GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

column shift ID?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jbol

column shift ID? Empty
PostSubject: column shift ID?   column shift ID? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 7:01 pm

I need to replace my 93 RMSW steering column and the yards are asking is the column shift ID BKJ or BWD or BWH. How do I find out?
thanks
jim
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

column shift ID? Empty
PostSubject: Re: column shift ID?   column shift ID? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 10:16 pm

First, what symptoms make you think you need to replace the column? Depending on the symptoms, there may be another issue.

Any of the columns from a 92 to 96 B-body will work. The 91 column will bolt up, but you will not have the "push brake to shift" function. The 94-96 columns will have a connector for the VATS, but you do not have to hook it up, because you do not have a VATS system in the 93.

You must remove your steering column to find the code, unless you can see the label from below with the access cover removed.
Back to top Go down
jbol

column shift ID? Empty
PostSubject: Re: column shift ID?   column shift ID? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 10:39 pm

someone else told me to look for the sticker and I found it stuck to the firewall behind some insulation.
I am replacing the unit because it had started to be floppy sometimes and now the ignition cylinder has stopped engaging the switch - plus a couple other issues - and I am tired of messing with it..
Thanks for the response
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

column shift ID? Empty
PostSubject: Re: column shift ID?   column shift ID? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

column shift ID?
Page 1 of 1