GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Possible DIY-Raiss style intake!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheRoadmasterKing

Possible DIY-Raiss style intake! Empty
PostSubject: Possible DIY-Raiss style intake!   Possible DIY-Raiss style intake! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 12:08 am

Hello everyone. Obviously, I don't own a wagon yet and I'm still learning. However, I want to use my current knowledge to help out the forum best I can. That being said, my write-up continues below.

I found this cold air intake for the 94-96 LT1 for sale online -
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I noticed that it looks just like the dual-cone filter from the RAISS intakes I've seen on some wagons in pictures and at car shows.

I figured I'd share this with you guys because I know that RAISS isn't around anymore, and I figured if any of you are able to,
or know someone who is able to, fabricate metal and weld, you/they could build this part...
...and pair it with that intake, and you'd have your own DIY-RAISS intake.

I also noticed on the website that sells that intake they also offer it with blue filters or black filters. However I assume though you guys could also buy your own filters and clamp them on, similar to these K&Ns:

Tell me what you think or if I left out anything. Thanks!

Last edited by TheRoadmasterKing on Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
harrisons13

harrisons13

Possible DIY-Raiss style intake! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible DIY-Raiss style intake!   Possible DIY-Raiss style intake! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 12:53 am

I think it looks great! I'd look into that if I had an LT1. I just got a K&N for my L05. Good luck on your search!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkqi6xKihlvfX82nZ3nmCHQ?view_as

Possible DIY-Raiss style intake!
Page 1 of 1