GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas

Go down 
+3
lakeffect
Krzdimond
4oldcars
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Brandt51

Brandt51

New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas  Empty
PostSubject: New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas    New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2017 5:55 am

Howdy all,

I'm Sam. I recently got a 1995 Buick Roadmaster Wagon to use as my daily driver. I used to use a motorcycle for my daily, but I got into a serious accident a few months back when I got smoked by a fuel truck. So that's it for riding on the street, staying track only. I'm still recovering and needed something that can fit in parking spaces better than my crew cab long box SuperDuty. So I started looking for something smaller, yet had a cool factor like a old C-10 or Blazer. I hit a stroke of luck and found this wagon. I've always like them ever since I read an article in Popular Mechanics about them getting an LT1 Vette motor. I've always considered myself a GMC/Chevy guy, but haven't a GM for several years, so it's good to be back in the fold.

These cares a cool as all get out, this site looks like a great place to find answers. I'd like to fix up this car to make it comfortable, reliable and awesome.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas    New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2017 9:00 am

Welcome and congrats on your new wagon! I think I speak for most here when I say I can't wait to see pics. Smile   Where did you find it? Have fun with it and speedy recovery!
Back to top Go down
4oldcars

4oldcars

PostSubject: Re: New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas    New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2017 9:46 am

Welcome. I have a 96 Roadmaster wagon and an old C-10/Blazer (68 Blazer).  The Blazer (lowered 2 WD) is probably my favorite - - - but I like both.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas    New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2017 5:02 pm

Welcome to the madness
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas    New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2017 8:17 pm

It's insanity!
Back to top Go down
El Camino

PostSubject: Re: New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas    New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2017 9:59 pm

Welcome, and way to go! Don't let the accident hold you back, if you can't do it on two, then do it on four.  You did picked a great place to find answers. There's a lot of knowledgeable folks here who can give you help.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas    New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 15, 2017 10:00 am

Welcome from Indiana.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas    New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 15, 2017 12:50 pm

Welcome from Texas. I hope you love your wagon, they are a LOT of fun!
Back to top Go down
Brandt51

Brandt51

PostSubject: Re: New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas    New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2017 11:55 am

Thanks for the warm welcome. Here's the pic before I even got the title signed over. I found it on Craigslist in Boulder City while just messing around looking at wagons in the cars and truck section. It was under a grand and had the posi option. Probably needs the Optispark changed out pretty quick and def needs a trans rebuild, but that's pretty easy stuff.

Its getting the carpets cleaned today, Torq Thrust rims on this week and a new wood grain vinyl in the near future. I think the trim outline will get a chrome wrap too perhaps. I got to say though, the factory rims are pretty decent. I'm just not big on the style though. Looking forward to beating on it!

New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas  Img_5910
Back to top Go down
Brandt51

Brandt51

PostSubject: Re: New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas    New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2017 11:59 am

4oldcars wrote:
Welcome.  I have a 96 Roadmaster wagon and an old C-10/Blazer (68 Blazer).  The Blazer (lowered 2 WD) is probably my favorite - - - but I like both.

My first car was a '51 Chevy 2 door sedan, but it never drove. My first 'drivable' car was a '69 GMC step side. I miss both terribly. I held on to the car for years and years, but never thought I'd settle down. Five years after selling it, I finally put roots down in Vegas. Almost every gear head has a story like this, hahaha.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas    New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2017 12:30 pm

Just an FYI, you can strip the wood outline trim and polish it, and it looks like chrome when done!

Good luck with the project, and keep the updates coming!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Brandt51

Brandt51

PostSubject: Re: New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas    New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2017 10:53 pm

81X11 wrote:
Just an FYI, you can strip the wood outline trim and polish it, and it looks like chrome when done!  

-Mike

Thank you! When you say wood outline trim, you're talking about the trim pieces that outline the wood wrap? Silly question that seems to answer itself, but I want to be sure. I would like that to be shiny.

The parking brake handle is broken off...is there a secret source for them? I haven't found any during all my searches.

This forum is great. Impala SS is cool too, but crashes a lot. The owners of these cars are so cool and helpful. I'm really digging it.

New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas  Img_6010
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas    New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 17, 2017 10:28 am

Torque Thrusts always look right. Happy modding.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas    New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 17, 2017 12:17 pm

[quote="Brandt51"]
81X11 wrote:

-Mike

Thank you! When you say wood outline trim, you're talking about the trim pieces that outline the wood wrap? Silly question that seems to answer itself, but I want to be sure. I would like that to be shiny.

Answer: See below for your trim answer. If you look around on the forum there are posts about doing this.
New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas  Wagonp10
New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas  82383e10

The parking brake handle is broken off...is there a secret source for them? I haven't found any during all my searches.
Answer: Mine did this too. Frustrating but not hard to replace. I found one locally at a salvage yard for $5. Any 94-96 Roadmaster in a salvage yard will have this. There is also always Ebay. If you don't have a good local yard, check Row 52: https://row52.com/Search Some yards will ship.

This forum is great. Impala SS is cool too, but crashes a lot. The owners of these cars are so cool and helpful. I'm really digging it.
Answer: Glad to have you here! Here's my '96 that I bought in 2007. Love these cars!
New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas  18920210

-Texas Mike
Back to top Go down
Brandt51

Brandt51

PostSubject: Re: New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas    New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2017 2:49 am

Nice, and thanks for the heads up on the junk yards.
Back to top Go down
Brandt51

Brandt51

PostSubject: Re: New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas    New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 11:59 pm

Quick update on the wagon.

It's with my friend and neighbor to do some work while I'm out of commission. The front end is getting rebuilt, prob for the first time in 204k. OEM style air shocks are going back on as well. I suspect when they wore out, the previous owner went a cheaper route and put little KYBs on. The air pump fuse was out, but it still ran when I plugged it in...but more to come.

The car finally showed its running problems the previous owner described after it warms up. So, a new ICM, coil, plugs, MSD wires, EGR, fuel pressure regulator, TPS, O2 sensors, water temp sensor and associated connectors were ordered up as well.

An AC Delco re-manufactured Optispark was ordered off eBay by a fellow named Brad Errington (berrington1). He cleans them up, rebuilds them with an MSD cap and rotor and verifies the Mitsubishi sensor is good to go. After this, he tests them at temp on his work bench. This should be a one and done fix for the optispark. This guy has great customer service too.

A new rear wiper arm and parking brake will go on as son as I get it back from my buddy. I also got a bet condition steering wheel (all from BuickNut). I'm going to re-condition the wheel with Classic Coat and Color Coat.

Aside from that, I had the windows tinted 12% and the windshield at 38%. So much cooler in the car.

This wagon is coming together really well, such sweet ride. This site has been great with information.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Brandt51

Brandt51

PostSubject: Re: New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas    New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 02, 2017 1:04 am

New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas  82383e10

What size wheels and tires do you have here? Lowered at all? It looks f'n fantastic!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas    New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Roadmaster Wagon Owner from Vegas
Page 1 of 1