GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

93 Caprice Classic wagon, 5.7 and tow package, California car

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
just me

93 Caprice Classic wagon, 5.7 and tow package, California car Empty
PostSubject: 93 Caprice Classic wagon, 5.7 and tow package, California car   93 Caprice Classic wagon, 5.7 and tow package, California car Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 8:06 pm

I've finally made the decision to sell my wagon, I need something 1975 and older or something new enough that I'm willing to spend money for someone else to work on. Located in Riverside, CA.

The fuel pump acted up around 2 months ago and I needed to bang the bottom of the fuel tank to get it home from work. It started up and took me to the store and back home the next day but then wouldn't start again. I got it to start today with just the turn (and hold) of the key but it ran for just under 2 minutes (I took a video of it running!) but then shut down. It started again after letting it sit for a couple of minutes but shut down after less then 5 seconds. Tank is 3/4 full.

I just simply don't want to mess with it at this point since it's not what I need in a car anymore.
Price is $1200, any less and parting it out becomes a viable option but SoCal cars shouldn't be parted out unless wrecked!
Of course, it won't pass a CA smog test since it won't stay running and the last ones were high on HC but good on everything else, registration is up in late December. Has the normal small block Chevy oil leaks, a tiny seepage of coolant from the restrictor in the heater hose, the rear passenger window needs the plastic rollers replaced but the other windows were fine last time I checked. A/C works on R134 but is not ice cold for polar bears. I never fixed the trip odometer but the regular odometer works fine and shows 183852.7 miles. Trans shifted good but the fluid smells. The option codes are on my project post here https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t10994-93-california-caprice-5-7l-just-a-little-at-a-time
Looks like the photos I have are too large to host on this site, but I can email them.
contact me at peavey7@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
AzDon

AzDon

PostSubject: Re: 93 Caprice Classic wagon, 5.7 and tow package, California car   93 Caprice Classic wagon, 5.7 and tow package, California car Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 1:34 pm

I think I saw your car on Craigslist?.... You should post a link to that ad so folks can see the pictures..... That looks like a nice car, just really hard for a buyer to judge value on a car that doesn't run when they can't run and evaluate all the systems.....Lotta miles there too!.......Should sell at that price though... Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
http://v-driveboat.com
brainiac

PostSubject: Same problem with a '95 RMW   93 Caprice Classic wagon, 5.7 and tow package, California car Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 11:12 pm

Wish you knew the problem because my 1995 RMW does the same thing. Engine is strong but something in the fuel supply isn't right. It starts right up and drives fine, but at any point thereafter, it will just stop. Will start right back up, but then stop again. I'm not mechanically inclined and therefore stumped.
Back to top Go down
brainiac

PostSubject: More '95   93 Caprice Classic wagon, 5.7 and tow package, California car Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 11:13 pm

And I live just a short drive from you! In Hemet!
Back to top Go down
AzDon

AzDon

PostSubject: Re: 93 Caprice Classic wagon, 5.7 and tow package, California car   93 Caprice Classic wagon, 5.7 and tow package, California car Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2017 3:07 am

I have ZERO experience with LT1 wagons, but you likely are experiencing low fuel pressure caused by 1) Dying fuel pump 2) clogged filter 3)pressure regulator....
All of these wagons are notorious for eating fuel pumps! If you are buying mechanic services, I'd suggest going in with the attitude that the fuel pump is dying and direct the diagnostic path in that direction... If you want to do a DIY first, replace the filter....
Back to top Go down
http://v-driveboat.com
just me

PostSubject: Re: 93 Caprice Classic wagon, 5.7 and tow package, California car   93 Caprice Classic wagon, 5.7 and tow package, California car Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 10:16 pm

The car actually started and ran for 5 minutes last Friday until I finally turned the key off. There was a cold spell here just before that so might have had an effect on the car. I wouldn't trust it to start again or to keep running for any length of time, though. I did put the tranny through forward and reverse and drive it a few feet in the driveway and turned the wheels back and forth just to keep those parts from staying in one position for too long. This wagon is not an LT1, it has the TBI 5.7L engine and the symptoms are classic for a weak fuel pump.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: 93 Caprice Classic wagon, 5.7 and tow package, California car   93 Caprice Classic wagon, 5.7 and tow package, California car Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2018 10:10 am

I couldnt find the Craigslist ad.
Back to top Go down
just me

PostSubject: Re: 93 Caprice Classic wagon, 5.7 and tow package, California car   93 Caprice Classic wagon, 5.7 and tow package, California car Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 5:53 pm

And the ebay auction will be over in 4 1/2 hours. Lots of views and 25 watchers, most likely a few from here. This is one of those auctions that doesn't get bid on until the last few minutes so people don't run the risk of running the bid up if they really want it. http://www.ebay.com/itm/323337196841?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Yes, those are new photos up until the cracked dashpad. moving the car far enough over to get some driver's side shots wasn't easy by myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 93 Caprice Classic wagon, 5.7 and tow package, California car   93 Caprice Classic wagon, 5.7 and tow package, California car Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 12:18 pm

GLWS!
Back to top Go down
just me

PostSubject: Re: 93 Caprice Classic wagon, 5.7 and tow package, California car   93 Caprice Classic wagon, 5.7 and tow package, California car Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2018 12:53 am

Well, looks like it won't sell on ebay this time for only $850. That is below demo derby price and for that I'll keep it and wait a few years before going thru the whole car. Just bought a Nissan Leaf and will drive that while saving money for a renovation to suit my tastes. Once I go through it the car won't be for sale for many years. I even priced a shed for the back yard to store parts in case I decided to part it out and that's why I lowered the price to 850. Might just take the more expensive parts off and sell the rest to a wrecking yard to get it out of the driveway and stick with older Mopars that I know better.
Back to top Go down
just me

PostSubject: Re: 93 Caprice Classic wagon, 5.7 and tow package, California car   93 Caprice Classic wagon, 5.7 and tow package, California car Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2018 11:45 pm

The car is sold, paid for, and picked up by a very happy buyer. Last 3 seconds of auction for the bid, and it is off to Compton, CA. I gave the buyer all the Caprice specific items (that I could remember where I put) I had to go with the car but not the 92 Roadmaster items that wouldn't fit on the Caprice wagon, like taillights, sail panels, roof window shade. As I move things around in the house I'll probably find a few other items stashed around the place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 93 Caprice Classic wagon, 5.7 and tow package, California car   93 Caprice Classic wagon, 5.7 and tow package, California car Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

93 Caprice Classic wagon, 5.7 and tow package, California car
Page 1 of 1