GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Factory gears w/reluctor

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Swaggerwagon

Swaggerwagon

Factory gears w/reluctor Empty
PostSubject: Factory gears w/reluctor   Factory gears w/reluctor Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 12:07 pm

Howdy all! My doctor ran some tests, and said The 2.56 in my 95 wagon is the root cause of my depression (obviously)
And because I’m ‘MC Hammer’ broke, I’m hunting for ANYTHING lower (numerically higher) than 2.56. As long as the teeth/wear pattern is acceptable, and it has the corresponding reluctor, I’m interested. Suppose I’ll need the open carrier / fragged posi unit as well. I realize that your parts will have 200k miles on them, as well as some surface rust. So stop tripping over that 2.93 in the shed! Your wife thinks your plan to make a desklamp out of 3.23 R&P is stupid! And Fred Kiehl stop paying for the storage unit full of 3.73’s!
Help me help you
Mike from Michigan (48313)
Back to top Go down
95wagon

95wagon

PostSubject: Re: Factory gears w/reluctor   Factory gears w/reluctor Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 2:57 pm

There has to be someone closer than me as the shipping would kill .

I have 2.93 that was quiet when I took them out at 60K
I have 3.08 from a 95 Impala that I was told were low miles when I got them in the early 2000s.

Those I would give away but the shipping,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

You do know that you will need a different center " diff"  as the off set of 2.56 and down is a different flange offset. ( EDIT ,missed that you mentioned that )

Also have a complete 3.73 Aubern posi   axle to axle wagon assembly
I built it up when I first bought my wagon   , clean painted ,  not free.
Could only imagine the shipping across the continent Sad
Back to top Go down
Swaggerwagon

Swaggerwagon

PostSubject: Re: Factory gears w/reluctor   Factory gears w/reluctor Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 3:45 pm

Your 2.93 & 3.08 gearsets, do they have reluctors? Are they bolted to posi carriers? I understand you can not guarantee the posi unit is functional. Even if the parts have very little value to you, your time to package them up, drive em to the shipper is certainly worth something! Let me know what a fair price is for you to go through that hassle. I’d rather deal with a Wagon brother (or sister) than buying something from an absolute stranger. I’m in no real rush, I have a spare wagon axle (also 2.56) that I wanna drop different gears into. Let me know.
Thanks for responding!
Mike
Back to top Go down
95wagon

95wagon

PostSubject: Re: Factory gears w/reluctor   Factory gears w/reluctor Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 4:24 pm

sent you a PM
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Factory gears w/reluctor   Factory gears w/reluctor Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2018 9:28 am

I have a 3.08 rear with posi that I am going to upgrade for my 91, but have a number of other projects in line before I get to it.
Back to top Go down
Swaggerwagon

Swaggerwagon

PostSubject: Re: Factory gears w/reluctor   Factory gears w/reluctor Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2018 5:29 pm

‘95wagon’ was kind enough to price shipping from Canada (carrier pigeons, I presume). He seems like a good guy, he’s got parts I want. If any drug smugglers have a Vancouver route via Detroit/Windsor tunnel...PM me.
Fred, I don’t wanna derail any future plans you have. But if your fairly certain you will acquire another 3.08/posi with reluctor before you reach that point of your project....let me know. I’m not in a rush, I just told myself that this year I would rebuild that spare rearend i have in the garage.
But given my track record, I’ll probably put the R&P next to my sedan-nosed parts pile, to the left of that unmodded Z28 cluster....
It just takes less effort to shoot $$ out of my PayPal account, than actually get out in the garage :/
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Factory gears w/reluctor   Factory gears w/reluctor Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2018 6:02 pm

I am putting a Detroit Locker and 3.42 gears in the rear. The 3.08s and posi are not going to be used. I thought about pulling them today, but the rear is trapped behind a broken down truck and some junk on the side. I will look into getting it out, and pulling it apart. Disassembly is relatively quick and easy, getting to it is the difficult part, and I have to take it indoors to keep the inside of the housing from deteriorating.
Back to top Go down
95wagon

95wagon

PostSubject: Re: Factory gears w/reluctor   Factory gears w/reluctor Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2018 6:32 pm

As you now know shipping from Canada sucks.

Plus free from Fred in Florida is going be cheaper than free from the other side of the continent.

Like I said, just let me know either way
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Factory gears w/reluctor   Factory gears w/reluctor Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2018 9:29 pm

95wagon wrote:
As you now know shipping from Canada sucks.

Plus free from Fred in Florida is going be cheaper than free from the other side of the continent

Omg,.. i laughed so hard,. 'Free from Fred'.
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Factory gears w/reluctor   Factory gears w/reluctor Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 12:03 pm

I may be late to this but I have a set of 3:23 that I could ship reasonably to someone or somewhere in Ontario,should be an economic way to get them to Michigan from there.

I kept the posi,gears are collecting dust,about 140,000 kms on them,no charge
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Factory gears w/reluctor   Factory gears w/reluctor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Factory gears w/reluctor
Page 1 of 1