GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Speed sensor module

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lornejay1

lornejay1

Speed sensor module Empty
PostSubject: Speed sensor module   Speed sensor module Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 12:11 pm

Looking for the one that is located under the dash of a 91 sedan.My father in law is in need of one. I asked about the one in the trans but he changed that!his mechanic says there is this other one.

i am not familiar with those era's since scrapping the 91 wagon.

Thanks Lorne
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: Speed sensor module   Speed sensor module Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 1:51 pm

What you need is a VSS Buffer.  The part can be found in any GM of similar vintage (pre-1994 or before full electronic transmissions).  It can be either a DRAC (uses jumpers to determine ratios) or  VSSB (has more jumpers).  What ever version you use, it will have to be calibrated to the tire size and rear end ratio (break out the soldering iron).  See article below:

http://tbichips.com/?page_id=504

Good luck on your quest.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Speed sensor module   Speed sensor module Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2018 12:32 pm

The ones in the B-bodies are all the same. The VSS gear ratio changes the input to make the speedo, CC, and computer happy. I will try to grab one when I go to the yard this week.
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Speed sensor module   Speed sensor module Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2018 12:45 pm

So the 96 SS I have for parts will have what he needs Fred?

Can you describe what I am looking for and the general location?

Does his mechanic have to do more after installing to make the speedo work?

Thanks I appreciate it

Lorne
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Speed sensor module   Speed sensor module Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2018 1:00 pm

I do not know if the 94-96 will work. The input from the electronic VSS can not be adjusted to match the gear ratio and tire size, like the 91-93s. The computer does the calibration in the 94-96 cars. The 91-93 parts are all the same, because you change the gears for the VSS to adjust for the gear ratio and tire size. The 91-93s computer, CC and speedometer/odometer only read the output of the buffer.
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Speed sensor module   Speed sensor module Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2018 1:48 pm

Ok,if you are able see if you can pick one up. At your convenience,Thanks Fred

Lorne
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Speed sensor module   Speed sensor module Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 11:05 pm

I got it today. I would like $35 shipped. I accept paypal "to friends and family" at jfkiehl@ij.net. Send your address as a message/note.
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Speed sensor module   Speed sensor module Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2018 9:07 pm

Thanks Fred, I will paypal you,tomorrow!. I reallynappreciate this amd he will even more

Lorne
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Speed sensor module   Speed sensor module Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 7:18 am

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speed sensor module   Speed sensor module Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speed sensor module
Page 1 of 1