GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Red Bonnies!

Go down 
+3
HueyLt1
silverfox103
BigDaddyDraayom
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BigDaddyDraayom

BigDaddyDraayom

Red Bonnies! Empty
PostSubject: Red Bonnies!   Red Bonnies! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 8:18 pm

Been looking for a complete set of the "elusive" Red Bonneville seats. Back in October 2017, I found a car on C/L that had succumbed to a tree falling on it during a hurricane. The seller was not wanting to part the car out, and I had no need or use for the rest of the car. Since I was only interested in the seats, I tried my best to convince him to sell them to me. No dice! I was even willing to pay what I considered to be too much. They were not "local", but about 4 hours away. I gave him all my contact information, and asked him to keep me in mind if he decided to part it out. Fast forward to June 2018, I get an email from the seller that he was finally selling the car to a scrapyard, for less than his asking price, but negotiated his deal without the seats if I still wanted them. I was concerned that they may have been exposed to the elements for the last 8 months, but he assured me that he had vacuumed all of the water out of the car and allowed it to dry before he covered it with 2 tarps. I told him to tell me when I could come, and I would be on my way. They are in excellent condition! Can't wait to get them installed. Have been going over all the old posts, to get pointers. Stay tuned for installed pics.
Red Bonnies! Bonnie20
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

Red Bonnies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Bonnies!   Red Bonnies! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 9:16 pm

Those are beautiful, nice story!

Tom
Back to top Go down
HueyLt1

HueyLt1

Red Bonnies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Bonnies!   Red Bonnies! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 12:17 pm

Sweet!! cheers
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Red Bonnies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Bonnies!   Red Bonnies! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 12:55 pm

Those are RARE!
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

Red Bonnies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Bonnies!   Red Bonnies! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 4:09 pm

Im needing a rear seat myself. Im sitting on two red buckets,and a split bench now. Those look like they are in great shape! Persistence pays! Congrats on the score. Sorry for the slight highjack of your thread,lol. What a Face
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

Red Bonnies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Bonnies!   Red Bonnies! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 11:15 pm

Are you putting them in the TBI wagon?

If so, I'm interested to see how you get the rear seat mounted. I have a gray rear seat sitting in my garage needing to go into my car.

Nice find.
Back to top Go down
BigDaddyDraayom

BigDaddyDraayom

Red Bonnies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Bonnies!   Red Bonnies! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 12:18 am

RedandBlack wrote:

If so, I'm interested to see how you get the rear seat mounted. I have a gray rear seat sitting in my garage needing to go into my car.

Nice find.

For now I plan to mount the the way Brokecello did when he put them in his OCC. I never fold down the back seat, so I will ride with it like that until I find another TBI seat to modify. My original interior is in great condition and don't want to mess it up.
Back to top Go down
BigDaddyDraayom

BigDaddyDraayom

Red Bonnies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Bonnies!   Red Bonnies! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 12:31 am

Andebe wrote:
Im needing a rear seat myself. Im sitting on two red buckets,and a split bench now. Those look like they are in great shape! Persistence pays! Congrats on the score. Sorry for the slight highjack of your thread,lol. What a Face

No problem, I am continuing to look, because I eventually want to cover my third row seat to match. There is another Bonneville close to me parked behind a house, it's hard to tell from the road, but I believe it has red interior, but I have never seen any one home, and they have up multiple "No Trespassing" signs. I think If I ever see anyone in the yard, I will stop and try to talk them out of the interior!
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

Red Bonnies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Bonnies!   Red Bonnies! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 12:55 am

BigDaddyDraayom wrote:
RedandBlack wrote:

Nice find.

For now I plan to mount the the way Brokecello did when he put them in his OCC. I never fold down the back seat, so I will ride with it like that until I find another TBI seat to modify. My original interior is in great condition and don't want to mess it up.

Ahh... yes, I own those seats now and I didn't want to mount mine that way. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
BigDaddyDraayom

BigDaddyDraayom

Red Bonnies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Bonnies!   Red Bonnies! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 7:25 pm

Got the front seats completely installed today, back seat is just sitting in there. Waiting on some material to finish up.
Red Bonnies! Bonnie10
Red Bonnies! Bonnie11
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

Red Bonnies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Bonnies!   Red Bonnies! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 7:32 pm

The seat bottom just dropped right in place, correct? It's been awhile since I messed with mine.
Back to top Go down
BigDaddyDraayom

BigDaddyDraayom

Red Bonnies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Bonnies!   Red Bonnies! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 7:43 pm

RedandBlack wrote:
The seat bottom just dropped right in place, correct? It's been awhile since I messed with mine.

To get it to sit in place you have to remove the brackets for the seat back. I had originally taken just the cushion out, but the Bonneville bottom is wider. The hooks are in the wrong spots but I think I have an idea that will work without having to weld anything. Will post pictures when I get that far.
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

Red Bonnies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Bonnies!   Red Bonnies! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 7:44 pm

Nice! Interested in this project.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

Red Bonnies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Bonnies!   Red Bonnies! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 11:59 am

For what its worth,I read 2S Manufacturing is making Bonne adapters for B-Bodies. No idea on pricing.
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

Red Bonnies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Bonnies!   Red Bonnies! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2018 10:00 am

Bump. Did you ever get these finished?
Back to top Go down
BigDaddyDraayom

BigDaddyDraayom

Red Bonnies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Bonnies!   Red Bonnies! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2018 1:21 am

RedandBlack wrote:
Bump. Did you ever get these finished?

No, Life has been pretty busy lately. I did find another red interior and another tbi back seat. hope to get time to "play" with it soon! Will definitely post it up when I get it figured out.
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

Red Bonnies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Bonnies!   Red Bonnies! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2018 12:38 pm

Sweet. I have mine just kind of sitting in there. Haven't had much time to figure it out either.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Red Bonnies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Bonnies!   Red Bonnies! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2018 10:40 am

Those are SO sharp!!
Back to top Go down
monwell

Red Bonnies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Bonnies!   Red Bonnies! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2018 2:12 am

Love the color. Any update so far?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Red Bonnies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Bonnies!   Red Bonnies! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Red Bonnies!
Page 1 of 1