GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Getting New Wheels - Opinions on this combo choice...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
voxkd

Getting New Wheels - Opinions on this combo choice... Empty
PostSubject: Getting New Wheels - Opinions on this combo choice...   Getting New Wheels - Opinions on this combo choice... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 3:04 pm

Need a tire, so taking the step of replacing the stock rims on my gold 95 Roadmaster Wagon with aftermarket rims.

I am looking at the American Racing VN504's. Consulting with the salesman, he thought to go 17x8 rims, and use a 235/60/17 tire. I am looking for a clean retro look, but a little more aggressive looking, with a bit of a wider stance, but nothing crazy.

Opinions about that setup? Pros/cons or a better idea on sizes etc...? THANKS!! Getting New Wheels - Opinions on this combo choice... Zvn50410
Back to top Go down
voxkd

PostSubject: Re: Getting New Wheels - Opinions on this combo choice...   Getting New Wheels - Opinions on this combo choice... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 3:16 pm

I had seen this pic online awhile back, and it is kind of the look I am going for. I have always liked the Torq Thrusts in the pic here, and have had them on 3 cars now, but I feel these VN504s are less common, and will be easier to keep clean. Getting New Wheels - Opinions on this combo choice... Craigr10
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Getting New Wheels - Opinions on this combo choice...   Getting New Wheels - Opinions on this combo choice... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 4:18 pm

Looks Mean!
Back to top Go down
Rev Bob

PostSubject: Re: Getting New Wheels - Opinions on this combo choice...   Getting New Wheels - Opinions on this combo choice... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 4:22 pm

Front license plates really suck.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Getting New Wheels - Opinions on this combo choice...   Getting New Wheels - Opinions on this combo choice... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2018 7:55 am

We always called those "Coke bottles."
Back to top Go down
voxkd

PostSubject: Re: Getting New Wheels - Opinions on this combo choice...   Getting New Wheels - Opinions on this combo choice... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2018 11:10 am

Andebe wrote:
We always called those "Coke bottles."

Because of the shape of the individual spoke?

These speak to me on a couple levels...retro style with a contemporary look, but easier to keep clean than a Torq Thrust, and the cap set up looks neater than the screw on caps of the Torqs.

Looking around, leaning to the 17" x 8" wheel with 50s perhaps.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Getting New Wheels - Opinions on this combo choice...   Getting New Wheels - Opinions on this combo choice... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2018 10:34 pm

Make sure the offset is about a 6. The 8 inch wheels will allow the tires to bulge at the sidewall. You can probably use 255/50s without hitting anything if you stay with the stock offset for the wheels. It will give you a more aggressive look, and a slightly wider looking stance.
Back to top Go down
voxkd

PostSubject: Re: Getting New Wheels - Opinions on this combo choice...   Getting New Wheels - Opinions on this combo choice... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2018 4:24 pm

Did em up today...17x8, 60s. THANKS for your help! Getting New Wheels - Opinions on this combo choice... Img_3410
Getting New Wheels - Opinions on this combo choice... Img_3411

twiztid likes this post

Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Getting New Wheels - Opinions on this combo choice...   Getting New Wheels - Opinions on this combo choice... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2018 6:51 pm

Looking good! Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting New Wheels - Opinions on this combo choice...   Getting New Wheels - Opinions on this combo choice... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting New Wheels - Opinions on this combo choice...
Page 1 of 1