GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tail light mod ideas?

Go down 
+3
monwell
Isurf
harrisons13
7 posters
AuthorMessage
harrisons13

harrisons13

Tail light mod ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Tail light mod ideas?   Tail light mod ideas? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 1:06 am

I plan on buying an extra set of wagon taillights and modding them. I'd love to be able to make a CLEAR set. Ive seem it done on 3rd gen camaros and 90s JDM cars but I wonder if it could be done on a RMW. They make clear lenses for the Caprice sedan but not the wagon. I'm not ricing out my wagon, I just want to do something to make it look a little different. My 96 is mostly stock other than LED headlights and Rally wheels. I'll make a post if I figure something out in the future.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkqi6xKihlvfX82nZ3nmCHQ?view_as
Isurf

Isurf

PostSubject: Re: Tail light mod ideas?   Tail light mod ideas? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2018 8:36 pm

which led headlights did you use, and how satisfied are you?
Back to top Go down
monwell

PostSubject: Re: Tail light mod ideas?   Tail light mod ideas? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2019 1:59 am

Any update regarding your plan? I'm curious about the clear taillights.
Back to top Go down
harrisons13

harrisons13

PostSubject: Re: Tail light mod ideas?   Tail light mod ideas? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2019 6:11 pm

I used sylvanias for tail lights but I was not pleased. I haven't taken them apart yet but I'm going to see if I can separate the lens. I like the sylvanias for the back up lights, but for the tail lights they did not work, even with a flasher module. I'm going to be trying some others out soon that are supposedly build in with resistors. I am however satisfied with the Sylvania led bulbs for the backup lights.
Back to top Go down
mythi

PostSubject: Re: Tail light mod ideas?   Tail light mod ideas? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2019 9:14 pm

led bulbs. if you want clear you can try to heat some pyre-ceram its like plexy but bends and molds better.
Back to top Go down
93RMW

93RMW

PostSubject: My own taillight project   Tail light mod ideas? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2019 3:27 pm

I've always wanted to tail light options. I'm finally working on making a borderless set now. I'm just looking for a set of caprice spares to make that work. I'll post updates here when I get it going. Hoping that I can make this my priority project for this month.
Back to top Go down
harrisons13

harrisons13

PostSubject: Re: Tail light mod ideas?   Tail light mod ideas? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2019 11:11 pm

Yeah lemme know how it goes. Next week I'll be trying to re wood the car with vynil so the tail lights are gonna have to wait. In may I'll most likely be getting around to the tail lights. Also, post some pics of yours!
Back to top Go down
93RMW

93RMW

PostSubject: Re: Tail light mod ideas?   Tail light mod ideas? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2019 3:37 pm

harrisons13 wrote:
Yeah lemme know how it goes. Next week I'll be trying to re wood the car with vynil so the tail lights are gonna have to wait. In may I'll most likely be getting around to the tail lights. Also, post some pics of yours!

Good luck with the re-wooding. I did that a few years ago with custom printed woodgrain from Woodgrainforwagons.com. Great product, horrible horrible service.

Tail light mod ideas? 1080_a10
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Tail light mod ideas?   Tail light mod ideas? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2019 8:23 pm

If you want a cracked RMW tail to play with, just pay the shipping and I'll send it to you. I keep picking it up to throw out and then I think about exactly this instance and put it back on the workbench. I forget which side it is, but think passenger. It should fit in a priority mail box so shouldn't be too much $
Back to top Go down
93RMW

93RMW

PostSubject: Re: Tail light mod ideas?   Tail light mod ideas? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2019 3:09 am

Sprocket wrote:
If you want a cracked RMW tail to play with, just pay the shipping and I'll send it to you. $

Thanks Sprocket, I have a caprice set in the mail now and will be getting started soon. I'm starting with a Caprice set because it can easily be cut down to fit a RMW if it still has the stainless trim or fit better if without.

I'll start my own thread when I get started for those interested. If they come out nice and the effort is minimal, I might consider a small run for others interested.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Tail light mod ideas?   Tail light mod ideas? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2019 12:06 pm

93RMW wrote:
Sprocket wrote:
If you want a cracked RMW tail to play with, just pay the shipping and I'll send it to you. $

Thanks Sprocket, I have a caprice set in the mail now and will be getting started soon. I'm starting with a Caprice set because it can easily be cut down to fit a RMW if it still has the stainless trim or fit better if without.

I'll start my own thread when I get started for those interested. If they come out nice and the effort is minimal, I might consider a small run for others interested.

Sweet! I'll be watching and would be interested...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tail light mod ideas?   Tail light mod ideas? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tail light mod ideas?
Page 1 of 1