GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

best brake pad recommendations?

Go down 
+2
jayoldschool
jon7190
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jon7190

jon7190

best brake pad recommendations? Empty
PostSubject: best brake pad recommendations?   best brake pad recommendations? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2019 12:39 pm

I am not sure what are on my 96 RMW currently, I have never replaced the front pads since I bought it 5 years ago. I am getting a lot of reddish brake dust on the front wheels and was thinking of replacing them if there is a type that would stop well while also not having so much dust. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: best brake pad recommendations?   best brake pad recommendations? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2019 9:35 pm

I still have a few sets of the Hawk performance pads. I'd part with a set...

best brake pad recommendations? Hawk%20Brake%20Pads_zpskk2vydod
Back to top Go down
rauldelp

rauldelp

PostSubject: Re: best brake pad recommendations?   best brake pad recommendations? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2019 10:53 pm

I got a set of EBC greenstuff brakes which feel nice, but oh the dust! The dust it kills! I think the hawks are a bit better dust-wise.
Back to top Go down
4oldcars

4oldcars

PostSubject: Re: best brake pad recommendations?   best brake pad recommendations? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2019 10:15 am

I'm about to do my front brakes too and interested in more follow up. Hate the dust. Ceramic pads not available for these cars?
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: best brake pad recommendations?   best brake pad recommendations? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2019 10:30 am

Hello All! I bought ceramic pads from my '96 Roady Wagon from Rock Auto. Same deal, I hate brake dust!

BOSCH BC52S Bosch QuietCast Ceramic Pads - About $20

Happy Braking All!

-Mike

Back to top Go down
jon7190

jon7190

PostSubject: Re: best brake pad recommendations?   best brake pad recommendations? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2019 1:06 pm

Thanks for the input! I believe I will go with the ceramics. I bought a set of Wagner (F-M) ceramics at OReilly. I later found the same set at Rock Auto for about $35 less! I ordered those and will return the OReilly ones.
Back to top Go down
monwell

PostSubject: Re: best brake pad recommendations?   best brake pad recommendations? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 3:33 am

Good choice. I'm very pleased with my Wagner ceramics. Good bite and less dust.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: best brake pad recommendations?   best brake pad recommendations? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

best brake pad recommendations?
Page 1 of 1