GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

just in time for it's 23rd birthday

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mythi

just in time for it's 23rd birthday Empty
PostSubject: just in time for it's 23rd birthday   just in time for it's 23rd birthday Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 2:46 am

hello from Colorado, my name is mythi i am 28; and i just bought a 1996 roadmaster estate wagon collector's edition with the tow package and a LT1 with 76k on it. i bought it right after Christmas from rush city,MN. Flew up and drove it back to Colorado for a better life, right before it's birthday February 19th. So i figured it is time we say hi. I have a lot of big plans for this car and will be fun to get some help from you lovely people. The car is in great shape except the frame and bottom which is pretty toasty, but i don't need that as i will be making it 4wd for the Colorado winters and to have it sit a bit higher up. It was a one owner car and the inside is perfect. I am still working on getting the title switched over because i am in another state and the lawyer with POA signed the title not the next owner of the car his son. I have been driving a few Buick rainiers over the last 10 years. they are great but i want the ability to stick a sheet of plywood in the back. i also do not like the computer activated awd. If the car slips it will kick on but by that time it could be to late or the sensor gives out and then no awd. so i want to make my wagon a 4wd car with a switch and locking hubs. The car was missing the driver side wheel well trim but jeffy helped me out on that. BD company is sending me the missing rear passenger black rubber strip. I found the corner chrome in the back of the car under the 3rd seat but the T-posts are broken so i need to make a new way to attach it. The only thing wrong with the car now is the heater stopped working so i need to fix the fan. the radio sucks im missing the antenna or it just wont go up. so i figured its time for a touch screen with back up camera. I will be making it 4wd in spring/summer when i find a good Tahoe, escalade or Yukon to put it on.

here are my photos on my google drive of my wagon and rainiers. the lifted caprice wagon is a photo i found of what i am looking to do instead of jacking it up way to high on a suburban frame.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/MLNZjQfKYNLUi41Q8
mod ideas are
4wd
radio
heads up display
key fob silicone cover
window tint
window visors/ deflectors
door edge guards
deer whistles
cargo net
all weather floor mats
LED lights front and back maybe halo projectors
side port holes like the og roadmasters
rear curtains encase i want to go camping.
wheels and tires
paint wood trimming
dash carpet cover

anyways hope you enjoyed my story
Back to top Go down
JeffY

JeffY

just in time for it's 23rd birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: just in time for it's 23rd birthday   just in time for it's 23rd birthday Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2019 7:50 am

Welcome! If you need anything else just give me a shout.
Back to top Go down

just in time for it's 23rd birthday
Page 1 of 1