GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Comp Nine is back!

Go down 
+11
95BRMW
93RMW
phantom 309
jayoldschool
scoffman
roadmastercouple
Tebbie
1phastsswagon
Olds Weighty Eight
buickestate
louriv
15 posters
AuthorMessage

Comp Nine is back! Empty
PostSubject: Comp Nine is back!   Comp Nine is back! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 10:17 am

Back to top Go down
louriv

louriv

Comp Nine is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Nine is back!   Comp Nine is back! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 10:43 am

Glad to see it's back. I've been wanting to run my VIN forever. I thought my wagon was odd since i have no rear defroster (aftermarket) & manual mirrors, as most RMs have pwr every thing.
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php?vin=1G4BR8371NW407007&x=28&y=6

Does this mean I have a 1 of 1 car??
Back to top Go down
http://www.HippodromeGourmetCandles.com
buickestate
buickestate

Comp Nine is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Nine is back!   Comp Nine is back! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 12:58 pm

Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

Comp Nine is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Nine is back!   Comp Nine is back! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 1:14 pm

I suspect that due to the sheer number of options, most cars are going to be 'rare'. My OCC is 1 of 1 with only 4 having at least as many options according to the site. The Camel interior wasn't real popular as only 421/4,347 had it.

Wish that site worked for the 80s G-bodies as it would be great to get this info on the Turbo Buicks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
buickestate
buickestate

Comp Nine is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Nine is back!   Comp Nine is back! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 1:16 pm

Olds Weighty Eight wrote:

Wish that site worked for the 80s G-bodies as it would be great to get this info on the Turbo Buicks.

I ran the vins for both of my malibu classic coupes all it gave me where the options and nothing more.....
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

Comp Nine is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Nine is back!   Comp Nine is back! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 1:25 pm

Woohoo - glad its back

Wifes wagon is 1 of 13

Mine is 1 of 25

Thats pretty cool
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home

Comp Nine is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Nine is back!   Comp Nine is back! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 1:48 pm

Guys, keep in mind that there are RPO codes for production weeks. That's where most of the "rarity" comes from. They might have made 4 or 5 wagons in your combo that WEEK, making Compnine think it's rare.

It's more for statistical info than anything. Or checking out a car with a worn SPID to make sure you get the gears you want. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tebbie

Comp Nine is back! Empty
PostSubject: Info about Compnine   Comp Nine is back! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 3:43 pm

I received a email from the owner of www.compnine.com today and would like to pass on part of that email to the forum.
I hope we can all enjoy the free information that Jason has given us access to.
Part of the email is as follows:

The VIN decoder is certainly of the most daily use for businesses, but that's not to imply the casual user has been discounted or somehow set aside. Quite the contrary, unless you're doing a significant number of weekly searches the "demo" on the site is designed to be enough for most individuals. It's typically set to two free searches a day, and it resets at the end of a each day. Right now it's set to TEN free searches daily and will stay that way for a while. The goal is to allow regular vehicle owners the opportunity to run all of the vehicles they own, and some of the ones they may be considering purchasing, all for free. If you need to do some extensive searching, or your business relies on the information, accounts start at just $5 for 50 monthly searches with no daily limits.

Terry

Back to top Go down
roadmastercouple

roadmastercouple

Comp Nine is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Nine is back!   Comp Nine is back! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 4:18 pm

cool, rare?
There are 1 1992 ROADMASTER ESTATE STA WAG vehicles (0.009%) matching your exact options list. There are 1 (0.009%) with at least as many options.

my interior: 20I
INTERIOR TRIM,VERY DARK SAPPHIRE (20I)

22U EXTERIOR COLOR,PRIMARY (22U)
EXTERIOR COLOR,PRIMARY,LIGHT SAPPHIRE BLUE METALLIC (22U)
thanks for link
Back to top Go down
scoffman

scoffman

Comp Nine is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Nine is back!   Comp Nine is back! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 4:28 pm

Will this tell you every option your vehicle has based on the VIN? Cause my RPO sticker is so faded I can only make out one code. I'll post a picture later to show you what I mean. I would really like to know what my car was equiped with.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Comp Nine is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Nine is back!   Comp Nine is back! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 4:46 pm

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

Comp Nine is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Nine is back!   Comp Nine is back! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 5:34 pm

That's why it'd be great if it worked on the Turbo Buicks. Since the VIN only tells you that it's a true turbo car, only an RPO code will tell you if the car is really a Grand National or a Turbo T (T-Type). If the original RPO sticker or trunk lid is gone, nobody knows.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
phantom 309

phantom 309

Comp Nine is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Nine is back!   Comp Nine is back! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 6:09 pm

I also heard that the rpo codes also list region, dealer etc,.So you will have 1 of 1 with those options delivered to a certain region, dealer etc,.

nick
Back to top Go down
scoffman

scoffman

Comp Nine is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Nine is back!   Comp Nine is back! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 6:12 pm

Here's the Pick of my jacked up RPO sticker

Comp Nine is back! SAM_1312

Comp Nine is back! SAM_1316

can anybody make these out? LOL
Back to top Go down

Comp Nine is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Nine is back!   Comp Nine is back! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 6:16 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
I also heard that the rpo codes also list region, dealer etc,.So you will have 1 of 1 with those options delivered to a certain region, dealer etc,.

nick

They do. That's what helps with the "rarity."
Back to top Go down
93RMW

93RMW

Comp Nine is back! Empty
PostSubject: My car's birthday's coming up!   Comp Nine is back! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 9:56 pm

This is very neat.

My car's birthday's coming up!

Vehicle: ROADMASTER ESTATE STA WAG
Year: 1993
Build Date: 1993-05-05

A spry 18 going on 19.

Surprised there were so few Black RMW wagons and that it doesn't note wood grain or not. Mine has it of course.

41U EXTERIOR COLOR,PRIMARY (41U)
EXTERIOR COLOR,PRIMARY,BLACK (41U)

GU5 AXLE,REAR,3.23 RATIO 3.23R(GU5)

G80 AXLE,REAR,POSITRACTION,LIMITED SLIP POSITRACTION L/SLIP R/AXL(G80)

V08 COOLING SYSTEM,HEAVY DUTY HVY DUTY CLG(V08)
V92 TRAILER PROVISIONS TRLR PROVISIONS(V92)
F40 SUSPENSION,HEAVY DUTY,FRONT AND REAR HVY DUTY SUSP(F40)

Also surprised to see that I have a posi rear-end and 3.23 gears. I would expected 273's and a non-posi. But I guess its part of the tow/heavy duty package. Glad I didn't upgrade to 355's when I had a chance. Clearly to get some pick-up on the low end, I'd need 3:73's and that's no good with a auto.

Back to top Go down

Comp Nine is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Nine is back!   Comp Nine is back! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 10:18 pm

Woodgrain was standard, it would only denote NON woodgrain with the WB4 RPO code.

Smile
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

Comp Nine is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Nine is back!   Comp Nine is back! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 11:31 pm

Found something useful to go along the compnine tool for those those who stalk wagons and want to know whats in them. If you go to carfax's web site the front page asks for a vin or now a plate number to get your report. If you put in the plate number the next page shows the car that is registered under that plate and the VIN. I tried it out on my plates and a few random ones and it worked great on all but one of my vanity plates. Could be a big help for mystery cars on craigslist if the plate is visible Smile
Back to top Go down
roadmastercouple

roadmastercouple

Comp Nine is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Nine is back!   Comp Nine is back! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 11:40 pm

it going to cost me 35 to find it out on carfax said there are 8 history reports. now im scared
Back to top Go down

Comp Nine is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Nine is back!   Comp Nine is back! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 11:47 pm

Don't be. History reports on Carfax can include inspections, registrations, and title transfers. Not just accidents.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Comp Nine is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Nine is back!   Comp Nine is back! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 8:30 am

Stingroo wrote:
Don't be. History reports on Carfax can include inspections, registrations, and title transfers. Not just accidents.
It also records emissions tests where reported too,.

For me a car that has a lot of reports, is more credible than one that is bought new, goes to a state that reports nothing like inspections or emissions etc,. goes through 2-3 owners , then interestingly pops up fpr sale 15 yrs later with ridiculous low mileage,.
I know a guy that pulled the cluster on a car he,d bought, and a paper tag with the vin was still on it,. only thing was, it wasn't the same vin as the car,..and he had no way of verifying mileage.
Carfax are idiots tho,. if a car is imported to canada, and it has a digital dash than can be switched from miles to kms with a button like the caprices and caddy's,. carfax only reports in miles, so when it gets a report thats now in kms,.it puts up a red flag for mileage discrepancy,.
try explaining that to some good ole boy, if the car is up for sale and they pull a carfax..

Nick
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

Comp Nine is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Nine is back!   Comp Nine is back! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 8:55 am

Stingroo wrote:
The carfax confirmed for me (before I bought my OCC) that the seller was truthful. He said the original and second owners were from Texas and the car had 51,355 miles. Car fax showed the mileage each time the car was registered and emission tested (every two years), and the transfer to owner #two. So I bought it! Smile
Dick
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

Comp Nine is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Nine is back!   Comp Nine is back! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 9:41 am

Here's something funny. I had wanted to get a vanity plate for my 95 DCM RMW last year but never got around to it, then stored it for the winter and forgot about it. Today I checked and saw the plate I wanted "RD.MSTR" is taken Sad
I ran that plate in carfax and as it turn out its on a 94 Roadie Wagon! I ran its vin through compnine and even funnier its a DCM woody with tan guts and no tow package. I guess if I can't have the plate it may as well be an almost identical looking car.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

Comp Nine is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Nine is back!   Comp Nine is back! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 9:44 am

And as others have said, those records are a lot of times maintenance, emissions, or registration renewals.
Back to top Go down

Comp Nine is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Nine is back!   Comp Nine is back! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 10:19 am

Ah. I forgot about emissions. (Naturally... lol)

So yeah, Mike, 8 records for something 20 years old sounds like a really good sign to me.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Comp Nine is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Nine is back!   Comp Nine is back! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:12 pm

Stingroo wrote:
Woodgrain was standard, it would only denote NON woodgrain with the WB4 RPO code.

Smile

on a Buick. It was an opton on the Caprice and no avail on Oldsmobiles
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

Comp Nine is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Nine is back!   Comp Nine is back! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:18 pm

I looked my car up and found it was made on 4/27/12. The oil needs to be changed, I haven't washed in a week and a half, and I have it all loaded up with baseball equipment.... Not much of a birthday.

Mike
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

Comp Nine is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Nine is back!   Comp Nine is back! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 1:18 pm

A mechanic friend of mine named Chuck got a vanity plate for his wagon.
Coolest plate evar: CHUKWGN
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Comp Nine is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Nine is back!   Comp Nine is back! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Comp Nine is back!
Page 1 of 1