GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello fellow Longroofers!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fix Until Broke

Hello fellow Longroofers! Empty
PostSubject: Hello fellow Longroofers!   Hello fellow Longroofers! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2019 3:12 pm

Hello - Figured that since I own a couple of these machines, I'd register here and see if I can play too Smile.

I've been modifying cars (and everything else) forever - mostly GM and VW stuff.

I've got a 96 Buick Roadmaster Estate wagon that's just getting on the road with a 2012 Duramax/6L90E conversion as well as a 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Hearse that is stock mechanically.

I've been pretty deep in the 1996 wiring and mechanicals, so if there is anything I can help out with, feel free to ask.  I've got a lot more to learn as well so hopefully you all take it easy on me with some of my newbie questions Smile.

Here's a video of the Roadmaster engine startup and a couple pictures of the hearse. Whoops - guess I can't do that for another week...

Looking forward to being a part of this community and getting to know some of you!
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow Longroofers!   Hello fellow Longroofers! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2019 5:13 pm

Welcome to the club! You should add your location to your profile so locals can invite you to events.
Back to top Go down
Fix Until Broke

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow Longroofers!   Hello fellow Longroofers! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2019 5:42 pm

Sorry about that - updated now.
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow Longroofers!   Hello fellow Longroofers! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2019 5:45 pm

You could drive to Wagonfest NY this summer in a mere 12 hours!
Back to top Go down
Fix Until Broke

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow Longroofers!   Hello fellow Longroofers! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2019 6:00 pm

Beautiful part of New York - finger lakes region. I've made several trips to that area for work.

I'll look into making the trip, but a lot of work needs to get done on the car first Smile.

Thanks for the suggestion
Back to top Go down
Fix Until Broke

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow Longroofers!   Hello fellow Longroofers! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2020 8:34 pm

Figured this was as good of a place as any to post the below...I added another longroof to the fleet today...

1994, 163k miles, pretty rusty underneath, but solid enough. Everything works except the rear air leveling suspension and the interior is practically perfect. Tailgate only swings open, not fold down the drivers door panel is cracked and the right rear window won't roll down (the 96 above has the same issue?). Otherwise it's really clean inside. Scanner shows left front wheel speed sensor reads zero all the time so it's probably in need of replacement which is turning the ABS light on. Otherwise, no codes, fuel trims look good, cross counts are good, etc.

It didn't have much/any heat, if I revved it up it would get warmer, but luke warm at best. Once I got home I disconnected the heater core hoses - it was tempting to drill out the plastic restrictor, but I left it alone. Flushed water through the heater core both ways a few times, then used an air hose to blast the remaining water through which broke a bunch more stuff loose. Hooked it all back up and now it heats much better! Cooling system looks pretty muddy so should probably do a full flush someday, but for now it's good enough.

It's rusty like I mentioned - the spare tire fell out one day on the previous owner! He's got some HVAC sheet metal and spray foam in place of the lower part of the spare wheel well. It isn't deep enough so the tire sticks up too high and the interior panel doesn't fit.

It's nothing worth putting any significant time/effort/$$ into, but still has a good amount of life left in it until the rust gets really bad. I'll get it up on the hoist one of these weekends and check out the brake lines and such that might be at risk. He was going to donate it to Rawhide or something like that so it would have likely ended up in the crusher. Too many good parts in it to let that happen.

Hello fellow Longroofers! 1994-roadmaster

rcktpwrd likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow Longroofers!   Hello fellow Longroofers! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2020 3:15 pm

nice winter beater. There was another buick with a diesel on here for a long time Conver2Diesel was his handle. Car is long gone though...welcome to the club.
Back to top Go down
Swaggerwagon

Swaggerwagon

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow Longroofers!   Hello fellow Longroofers! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2020 10:43 am

You sure it’s not a regal wagon? Short wheelbase 🙃
Back to top Go down
Fix Until Broke

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow Longroofers!   Hello fellow Longroofers! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2020 9:32 pm

Swaggerwagon wrote:
You sure it’s not a regal wagon? Short wheelbase 🙃

What? Sorry, I missed the joke I guess?

Rev Bob likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow Longroofers!   Hello fellow Longroofers! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello fellow Longroofers!
Page 1 of 1