GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Greetings Longroofers!

Go down 
+6
Robert 96
buickestate
DBeaSSt
brokecello
Krzdimond
Chakotay
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Chakotay

Chakotay

Greetings Longroofers! Empty
PostSubject: Greetings Longroofers!   Greetings Longroofers! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 3:06 pm

Hi guys!

I'm new to this forum as well as to B-body wagons. I recently bought a '94 Roadmaster Wagon that I'll be getting home on october 6th.
The Buick is nearly rust free and was imported from Texas to Sweden in december '02.
I'll be putting up some photos of it as soon as I get it home, you can get a preview by watching my avatar Wink

My name is Tomas and I live, yes you guessed it: in Sweden Smile

Never owned a Wagon before, only a bunch of Chevy G20 Van's, there's alot of them here.
I also own a 1978 Chevy Caprice Classic Sedan, that was built in Canada and sold new in Sweden.

I've been watching the YouTube vids of Pat's "buickestate" Sedan nosed RM and I must say I really like it,
GM should have used that front end on the Wagons IMHO.

Anyways you seem like a nice bunch of guys so I think I'll enjoy being a member of this forum.

Regards
/Tomas - aka Chakotay
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Longroofers!   Greetings Longroofers! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 5:59 pm

Welcome Tomas!!!

Congrats on the new purchase
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Longroofers!   Greetings Longroofers! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 7:25 pm

Welcome!! Yeah, I am a big fan of the RMSedan nose on a RMW too!

Glad you are here and look forward to getting to know you and your wagon! cheers

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Chakotay

Chakotay

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Longroofers!   Greetings Longroofers! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 7:55 pm

Thanks guys!

Chris, where did you get those mud flaps with the Buick inscription and tri-shields? Cool
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Longroofers!   Greetings Longroofers! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 9:03 pm

Welcome aboard! Great to see our wagons being appreciated everywhere. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Longroofers!   Greetings Longroofers! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:54 pm

nice to have you aboard.
Back to top Go down
Chakotay

Chakotay

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Longroofers!   Greetings Longroofers! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 5:21 am

DBeaSSt wrote:
Welcome aboard! Great to see our wagons being appreciated everywhere.

Thank's Mike, yes American built cars are truly appreciated in Sweden cheers

buickestate wrote:
nice to have you aboard.

I'm honored to be welcomed into your great community of Wagon enthusiasts Smile
Just got to say that I really like the mods you've done to your '93 RMW Pat, great work!

Don't have any numbers but I'd say that The RMW is the most popular of the 3 '91-'96 B-bodys
followed by the Caprice and the very rare OCC over here.

Btw just got to ask being a noob and all Laughing What does "Trifecta" mean?
Back to top Go down
Robert 96

PostSubject: Greetings Longroofers   Greetings Longroofers! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 6:59 am

Welcome to the wagon world. You will one of the most unique cars in Sweden.
Back to top Go down
stockfornow

stockfornow

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Longroofers!   Greetings Longroofers! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:07 am

Welcome to the forum! Smile
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Longroofers!   Greetings Longroofers! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:26 am

"Trifecta" is a sports term where a gambler, or bettor, wins by selecting the first 3 finishers in a race in the correct order.

But in this case, it's just easier to say "trifecta" than "one of each in the same color"
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Longroofers!   Greetings Longroofers! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 9:44 am

"välkomna",...
from sweden eh?? MMmmmm,. bule eyed blond swedish girls,. yummy,.
Is it hard to drive the car with your wooden shoes on?? Laughing

Nick
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Longroofers!   Greetings Longroofers! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:09 am

Chakotay wrote:
Thanks guys!

Chris, where did you get those mud flaps with the Buick inscription and tri-shields? Cool

Those came on the wagon when I bought it...humm...I know you can get a set like the ones this guy has on his wagon from GM...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/684602%E2%80%A9

I would gladly give you the ones I have, but I only have 2 now. The other two were on the front fenders that I no longer have. Lol

Chris
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Longroofers!   Greetings Longroofers! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:20 am

phantom 309 wrote:

Is it hard to drive the car with your wooden shoes on??

Nick

I believe wooden shoes are from Holland not Sweeden where Tomas is from.

Welcome Tomas

If you have a wagon from Texas, you've got a good one; don't have to worry about rust.

According to "Sherlock9C1", that color is very desirable and somewhat rare.

Thomas
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Longroofers!   Greetings Longroofers! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 11:36 am

silverfox103 wrote:
phantom 309 wrote:

Nick

I believe wooden shoes are from Holland not Sweeden where Tomas is from.

http://www.janswedeclogs.com/
Back to top Go down
Chakotay

Chakotay

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Longroofers!   Greetings Longroofers! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 2:35 pm

Krzdimond wrote:
"Trifecta" is a sports term where a gambler, or bettor, wins by selecting the first 3 finishers in a race in the correct order.

But in this case, it's just easier to say "trifecta" than "one of each in the same color"

Aha, well since I'm not into sports (unless it's got four wheels and a V8 engine that is Cool ) I wouldn't have figured that one out Wink

phantom 309 wrote:

"välkomna",...
from sweden eh?? MMmmmm,. bule eyed blond swedish girls,. yummy,.

Nick

Why thank you Nick, I see that you are fluent in Swedish so I'll reply with: Tack så mycket! Very Happy
As for the wooden shoes they were quite popular when I grew up in the '70's, I have tried driving in a pair once but I wouldn't recommend it.
To make things even harder it was a stick shift car Razz

brokecello wrote:

Those came on the wagon when I bought it...humm...I know you can get a set like the ones this guy has on his wagon from GM...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/684602%E2%80%A9

I would gladly give you the ones I have, but I only have 2 now. The other two were on the front fenders that I no longer have. Lol

Well Chris if you'd be willing to part with them I would definitely buy them from you, 2 is better than none Wink
I know I've seen a couple of black ones with the Roadmaster inscription on them, think it was an RMW on Ebay not sure though.

silverfox103 wrote:

Welcome Tomas

If you have a wagon from Texas, you've got a good one; don't have to worry about rust.

According to "Sherlock9C1", that color is very desirable and somewhat rare.

Thomas

Hey another Thomas cheers
I really like that color, seems as the white ones with than interior are the more common ones?
Any of you guys have a list of the different color for each of the '91-'96 model years?
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Longroofers!   Greetings Longroofers! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 3:43 pm

Back to top Go down
Chakotay

Chakotay

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Longroofers!   Greetings Longroofers! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 5:57 pm

Krzdimond wrote:
For center caps, try these guys:

http://www.makingitdigital.net/store1/agora.cgi?product=Center-Cap-GM&cart_id=878853.4774

Well I was talking 'bout Arrow Mud Flaps but Center Caps might become useful as well so thanks for the link Wink
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Longroofers!   Greetings Longroofers! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 6:52 pm

I have two of the mud flaps you saw on Brokecello's car. One got a little 'crinkled' though. If you want them, they're yours for the cost of shipping. Happen to have a US address I could send them to?
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Chakotay

Chakotay

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Longroofers!   Greetings Longroofers! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 7:48 pm

DBeaSSt wrote:
I have two of the mud flaps you saw on Brokecello's car. One got a little 'crinkled' though. If you want them, they're yours for the cost of shipping. Happen to have a US address I could send them to?

You got a PM Mike! Smile
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Longroofers!   Greetings Longroofers! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 7:55 pm

Patrick for your info, this might be helpful when you purchanse your next pair.

http://www.dutchvillage.com/DVShoppingfolder/dvwearablewoodshoes/dvwoodshoeshop.htm

http://www.originallydutch.com/

Tom
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Longroofers!   Greetings Longroofers! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:45 pm

DBeaSSt wrote:

Woah, Mike..can you let me ship the two I have to you before you ship him your two?? lol!
Back to top Go down
Chakotay

Chakotay

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Longroofers!   Greetings Longroofers! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 2:34 am

brokecello wrote:
DBeaSSt wrote:

Woah, Mike..can you let me ship the two I have to you before you ship him your two?? lol!

Sounds like a good idea too save on shipping cost Wink
Back to top Go down
Acme Racer

Acme Racer

Location : Wandering aimlessly about Daytona Beach, FL, or in the Hospital

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Longroofers!   Greetings Longroofers! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 6:00 pm

Hello And Welcome Tomas, from Daytona Beach! Very Happy
I'm the guy with the "Trifecta". My wife and I now have a LAB Chevy, Buick & Olds wagon. I hope you enjoy your wagon as much as we enjoy ours. This is a great bunch of guys here, that have alot of knowledge on these wagons. Heres a pic of the "Trifecta". Left to Right, Our 1992 "Yenko Impala SS" wagon, Our Olds (soon to be) 442 W31 wagon, and her Buick "GSX" wagon.

Greetings Longroofers! Trifecta-5

The "Yenko Impala SS" wagon as won 5 "Super Chevy Shows" this year, along with over 20 awards at other shows all over the eastern US. This includes winning at the Oakland Press Show in Pontiac, MI during the Woodward dream Cruise in 2008, My wifes Buick "GSX wagon has won several awards this year as well, including winning at The Oakland Press show this year, while we were up in Detroit for the Woodward Dream Cruise this year. The Olds will be my wifes new daily driver, after a few subtle mods to make it a 442 W-31 wagon.

And you are so right about Pats wagon with the sedan nose, photos do NOT do his wagon justice. His wagon has so many little "subtle" changes that ya have to see it in person. Pat did exactly what GM should have done! I walked around Pats wagon at Woodward for about 30 minutes total just taking in all the subtle changes. My wife wanted to bring it home with us, yes, its THAT nice!

Keep us posted on what you do with yours, even cool photo ops!

Best Regards from Daytona Beach. FL.
Larry
Back to top Go down
Chakotay

Chakotay

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Longroofers!   Greetings Longroofers! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 6:32 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome Larry, well I have to say I'm a little bit envious of your Trifecta Wink

You sure like them Golden Era Muscle Cars I can tell by the looks of your fleet Cool

I will of course post photos of my '94 RMW as soon as I get her home Smile

I've seen a lot of cool names on rides not sure what to call mine yet though, "Cherry" perhaps? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Acme Racer

Acme Racer

Location : Wandering aimlessly about Daytona Beach, FL, or in the Hospital

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Longroofers!   Greetings Longroofers! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 7:00 pm

Hi Again Tomas
The color of your wagon reminds me of a color of Brandy my uncle used to drink, so why dont ya name the wagon "Brandy"? As far finally assembling the "Trifecta", that took several years to accomplish, but now well worth it. Look up the post, "My 2009 Magical Mystery Tour" to see what I do for a living. I have one of the best jobs any car guy would want! When will your new baby arrive home?

More Later
Larry
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Longroofers!   Greetings Longroofers! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:02 pm

thomas I expect to see a picture thread of next year's Power Big Meet in Västerås. I plan on attending this even at some point in the future.
Back to top Go down
Chakotay

Chakotay

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Longroofers!   Greetings Longroofers! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:23 pm

Acme Racer wrote:
Hi Again Tomas
The color of your wagon reminds me of a color of Brandy my uncle used to drink, so why dont ya name the wagon "Brandy"? As far finally assembling the "Trifecta", that took several years to accomplish, but now well worth it. Look up the post, "My 2009 Magical Mystery Tour" to see what I do for a living. I have one of the best jobs any car guy would want! When will your new baby arrive home?

More Later
Larry

Well it sure seems you have a great job that's for sure cheers

As for naming my new baby "Brandy", well makes sense but when i hear the name Brandy I think of the Cartoon show Brandy and Mr. Whiskers lol!
And the cartoon dog Brandy Harrington says she's from Florida and my "baby" is from Texas soo.. geek

My baby will arrive around october 7th. My Dad and I will be going by plane to the North of Sweden and then drive her home taking turns at the wheel.
A little 746 miles Road Trip (nothing compared to Pat's "buickestate" Road Trips but Cool ).

Hi, Pat! Sure I can post Pics from Power Big Meet I go there every year (only 25 miles away Smile ).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Longroofers!   Greetings Longroofers! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings Longroofers!
Page 1 of 1