GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Max load on the roofrack?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chevy freak '91

Chevy freak '91

Max load on the roofrack? Empty
PostSubject: Max load on the roofrack?   Max load on the roofrack? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2019 1:09 am

Hey guys, does anyone knows how much weigh you can put on top of your roofrack? I'm about to buy a nice childhood dream, a classic sunfish sailingboat that wieghs 150 lbs. Would be great if I can put it on top of my wagon.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Max load on the roofrack?   Max load on the roofrack? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2019 8:39 am

Your wagon will hold it easily (but not with the sail up). I would suggest that the weight limit is about 500 lbs. People have put the clamshell type containers on the roofs of these, and who know what all will go in them. It will handle a substantial amount of "stuff".
Back to top Go down
Chevy freak '91

Chevy freak '91

PostSubject: Re: Max load on the roofrack?   Max load on the roofrack? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2019 9:22 am

Thnaks Fred, that gives peace to my mind. I wasn't sure if it could handle the weight of a sailing boat.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Max load on the roofrack?   Max load on the roofrack? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2019 9:57 pm

I have 2 sunfish and can say that they fit perfectly inside with the rear seat down. Sure they hang out the back a little, but the width is perfect! I rescued 2 and brought them home in 2 wagons. Just be careful with the masts, the guy who gave them to me was 'helping' load and jammed the mast in and smashed the AC vent by the passenger door (a hard part to find on a TBI Chevy, car was a 92).

I drove home on the interstate at 110 kmh with no issues.

BTW where near Amsterdam do you live? I used to go there for work in Zoetermeer, and also stay in town in the Leidsplein area.
Back to top Go down
Chevy freak '91

Chevy freak '91

PostSubject: Re: Max load on the roofrack?   Max load on the roofrack? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 3:29 am

They are great sailing boats aren't they? I've learned to sail in them in the '80's in Curacao where i lived back then. I think I'll put them on my roofrack. Do you think if this is possible?
I live in Huizen, a small town, about 20 mls from Amsterdam.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Max load on the roofrack?   Max load on the roofrack? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Max load on the roofrack?
Page 1 of 1