GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Upgraded to 2.93 w/ G80 but forgot about speedo...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
emptyschmitz

Upgraded to 2.93 w/ G80 but forgot about speedo... Empty
PostSubject: Upgraded to 2.93 w/ G80 but forgot about speedo...   Upgraded to 2.93 w/ G80 but forgot about speedo... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2019 10:59 am

So I upgraded my 96 RMW to the 2.93 w/ G80 LSD (original 2.56 open) and I love it! Only issue was I noticed I seemed to show a lot faster on the clock than it felt like I was going and I remembered...speed comes off the trans. Embarassed

I did a bit of homework last night and my choices are to either flash the ECM or POSSIBLY swap the ECM from a model with the V92 package. I don't know about that second option and I can't find anything to see if this has been done or has worked? I only can find info on the VSS gears for older models. Does anyone have any insight?
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Upgraded to 2.93 w/ G80 but forgot about speedo...   Upgraded to 2.93 w/ G80 but forgot about speedo... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2019 11:06 am

I've had the PCM reprogrammed for the exact same reason, worked great.

If you change the PCM itself, that will work also, but you have to make sure it's from a 1996 Roadmaster or Caprice with the 2.93 rear end.

Tom
Back to top Go down
emptyschmitz

PostSubject: Re: Upgraded to 2.93 w/ G80 but forgot about speedo...   Upgraded to 2.93 w/ G80 but forgot about speedo... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2019 11:17 am

silverfox103 wrote:

If you change the PCM itself, that will work also, but you have to make sure it's from a 1996 Roadmaster or Caprice with the 2.93 rear end.

Tom

Thank you Tom! I figured it had to be 96 only, just wasn't sure if the ECM swap would do it. I assume the wagon vs. sedan ECM doesn't matter?
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Upgraded to 2.93 w/ G80 but forgot about speedo...   Upgraded to 2.93 w/ G80 but forgot about speedo... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2019 11:49 am

emptyschmitz wrote:
silverfox103 wrote:

Tom

Thank you Tom!  I figured it had to be 96 only, just wasn't sure if the ECM swap would do it.  I assume the wagon vs. sedan ECM doesn't matter?  

It shouldn't
Back to top Go down
Garrett Crozier

Garrett Crozier

PostSubject: Re: Upgraded to 2.93 w/ G80 but forgot about speedo...   Upgraded to 2.93 w/ G80 but forgot about speedo... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2019 10:12 am

*edit, just re-read and saw the OP has a 96, which I am unable to currently tune*

You have probably figured you issue out, but wanted to chime in. I am launching a new website for basic mail order tunes, feel free to check it out. Far cheaper than PCM4Less and others if you only need speedo work or vats delete...

www.turbosgarage.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upgraded to 2.93 w/ G80 but forgot about speedo...   Upgraded to 2.93 w/ G80 but forgot about speedo... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upgraded to 2.93 w/ G80 but forgot about speedo...
Page 1 of 1