GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

That woulda sucked.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Burdaddy

That woulda sucked. Empty
PostSubject: That woulda sucked.   That woulda sucked. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2020 12:33 pm

Pulled wagon in garage after I got woodburner goin. Thought it was runnin rich cuz I could smell fuel. Nope. Got a leak somewhere at tank. Probly not good to have fumes and fire goin. Pushed it back out til it's done drippin then I'll push it back in. Things been sitting since October n only moved around property a couple times. Anyone else ever get a random leak from tank/hoses area?
Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: That woulda sucked.   That woulda sucked. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2020 2:24 pm

In the process of getting the wife's wagon running I found the tank had a small crack in it on the top side. It was in the curve of the tank where it meets the floor of the car. I tried repairing the crack by plastic welding but it didn't hold up, probably from my lack of experience trying a repair like that. we found a good used tank.
Back to top Go down
Burdaddy

PostSubject: Re: That woulda sucked.   That woulda sucked. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2020 2:29 pm

My tanks almost empty so I'm thinking maybe sending unit has a crack at the hoses or maybe the tubes are broke. I'll wait til a lil warmer day to pull it in since I'm running woodburner. Don't wanna chance goin out with a bang.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: That woulda sucked.   That woulda sucked. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2020 2:51 pm

I had a filler vent line crack. It would only drip when I filled the tank. It is an 18mm hose, and is impossible to find on a weekend (be forewarned). You must drop the tank to access the end of it on the tank.
Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: That woulda sucked.   That woulda sucked. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2020 4:47 pm

could just be the vent line rotted out... but that shouldn't have liquid in it.
If it is the feed or return line not sure how you would repair them. They are plastic and have the 'quick' connect fittings on the ends.
Back to top Go down
goldwolfnhn

PostSubject: Re: That woulda sucked.   That woulda sucked. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2020 8:20 pm

you have to do vinyl line repair, I know you can buy the fittings but if you try the repair yourself make sure you get good high quality hose clamps and probably the pinch type not the screw type.

There was a repair done to one of the fuel lines on my rmw and they used the crimp style clamps when they did it and there's no sings of any kind of leakage.

I bought some quick connect fuel fittings on amazon for making my fuel shut off adaptor, but not sure if the line size at the tank is the same as at the rail(for the LT1), but the pressure line at the rail is 3/8" and the return line is 5/16", the plastic connectors are very easy to find for both the male and female ends, but the metal fittings like at the fuel rail for the LT1 are a lot harder to find and you have to pretty much have the part number in order to easily find them in the right size.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: That woulda sucked.   That woulda sucked. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2020 10:44 pm

Repair kits for plastic lines have been around for years, you don't use clamps for that type of repair. The repair connectors are barbed. Most auto stores have the repair kits, easy job to do. Use the correct parts for the job. I know NAPA's have everything you need.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: That woulda sucked.   That woulda sucked. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2020 7:36 am

If the cut is in the curved area, you really should get another set of lines. You can not repair the curved part.
Back to top Go down
Burdaddy

PostSubject: Re: That woulda sucked.   That woulda sucked. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2020 3:23 pm

Soon as I get a mild day here I'm gonna pull it back in. Laid off n waitin for unemployment to get their collective heads outta there rear points of entry. Don't really wanna pull it in the garage leakin with my woodburner goin. Could always just let it sit n idle outside til it runs out then push it in. The gauge only works from just over full to lil over 3/4 so no clue how much is in there but I'm sure it's close to empty. Just redid inside if my garage with walls n lighting n don't wanna blow it all up. Guess it'll be time to fix that with the pile of other parts sittin there waitin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That woulda sucked.   That woulda sucked. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That woulda sucked.
Page 1 of 1