GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Double Din into a Caprice

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

Double Din into a Caprice Empty
PostSubject: Double Din into a Caprice   Double Din into a Caprice Icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2020, 3:29 pm

So I went and spent some $$ one the EtchUS kit to relocate the AC controls so there is room for a double din.
https://etchus.com/collections/caprice-and-impala-ss/products/double-din-radio-kit

I ordered this head unit
https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/DVD+Receivers/AVH-310EX#Display

as it hit my price point with the features I wanted.

So is there a set of readily avail connectors to snap into the factory ones when I pull out the ole cassette deck, or am I going to have rewire by hand (not super hard, but I'm lazy lol).

Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Double Din into a Caprice   Double Din into a Caprice Icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2020, 7:59 pm

Yes. You can get them pretty much anywhere. Autozone, Advance, NAPA, Wal Mart, etc.

Plug it into your factory connector, connect the wires to the new radio harness and plug it into the radio.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Double Din into a Caprice   Double Din into a Caprice Icon_minitimeSun 21 Feb 2021, 6:19 pm

So almost a year later, my lazy ass got this thing going. It'll be ready for WF next month (at least the stereo). The Etch US kit has a new faceplate and it replaces the woodgrain insert surround on the stock radio area.

Looking for a woodgrain vinyl wrap to match or close to the original interior (LT1) woodgrain. Short of that or SEM texture spray, what other ideas you guys have? I don't want to rewrap all the door inserts to match...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Double Din into a Caprice   Double Din into a Caprice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Double Din into a Caprice
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Longroof Tech :: Audio/Video-
Jump to: