GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Seat compatability

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RadioFlyer

Seat compatability Empty
PostSubject: Seat compatability   Seat compatability Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2020 9:45 am

If this has been discussed before please let me know. A 1994 Cadillac Fleetwood just dropped at our local LKQ. Would the front seat be compatible with the controls in my 91 OCC? Want to go tomorrow and grab it if it will work.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

Seat compatability Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat compatability   Seat compatability Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2020 12:08 pm

Hey Flyer

I just went and measured my wagon seat (94 Caprice) and my Fleetwood.  In size, the appear to be the same.  The mounting feet appear the same also.  So, they should fit.

Your Olds has switching is like the Caddy.  If there is a heated seat in the Caddy, you probably won't have a switch for that.  If the Caddy has lumbar support, the switch is on the side of the seat bottom.  You will probably have to bring power to that switch, but you don't have to worry about that right away. But the basic switching for the seats should work.  The plugs may or may not be the same, but the wire colors are the same.

So, cut the plug coming out of the floor leaving a pigtail of about 18 inches.  Now you can splice that pigtail into the Olds wiring.  You don't have to cut the Olds plug off (coming out through the rug).  Now you will have two plugs and be able to go back to the Olds seats if need be.

Also you probably will need a source of power (one of those portable battery units work) to move the seat back and forth, so you can get at the mounting brackets / bolts.

I have done something very similar to what you want to do, it works flawlessly.

I will send you a PM later this afternoon.

Tom
Back to top Go down
RadioFlyer

Seat compatability Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat compatability   Seat compatability Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2020 1:16 pm

Thanks Tom. The picture they have on their website isn't great so hoping for the best when I go tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

Seat compatability Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat compatability   Seat compatability Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2020 4:28 pm

PM sent!
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Seat compatability Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat compatability   Seat compatability Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2020 8:32 am

The seat belts are a little different configuration on the Caddy, but that is easy to overcome. There is a rail on the inside for the female part to slide on. You can just remove the track, and use your original belts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Seat compatability Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat compatability   Seat compatability Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seat compatability
Page 1 of 1