GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Faded interior door panels on RMW

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sleeperwagon

Faded interior door panels on RMW Empty
PostSubject: Faded interior door panels on RMW   Faded interior door panels on RMW Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2020 4:21 pm

I had the front doors completely stripped because I swapped the '94 doors out to get the 96 mirrors. As long as everything was apart, I replaced the window sliders, and I am using the best collection of parts from the old and new interior door panels. I have 2 questions on restoring them though-

1) The blue plastic/ vinyl is sun-faded. Is there a cool way to restore the surface color without the vinyl/fabric dye? I do have a can from when I installed the Blazer center console, but I am lazy so I'm trying to avoid all that work.

2) What is the cool fix for all the worn edges on the black paint on the switch panel? I don't want to lose all the factory white lettering. I do have a laser engraver at the shop, so if absolutely necessary I could paint the panels and then re-letter them, but again, lazy. If there is an easier way I am open to it.

Thoughts?

Tom
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Faded interior door panels on RMW   Faded interior door panels on RMW Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2020 9:16 pm

Tom

After having Blue Roadmaster wagons for 23 years and having to work on door panels more times then I can remember this is what I would do to fix the sun fading, actually there probably is only one fix and that is to use SEM.

Contact Vinyl Pro: https://www.vinylpro.com/contact-us/

(800) 750-7939

Order Custom Mix: Medium Dark Adriatic Blue #4820 comes in a 12 oz spray can. It is a perfect match for the blue interior. It's not cheap, I think it's about $25 a can. Shipping is around $15. I usually order two cans as the shipping is about the same for two as one. Best stuff on the market and you only have to do it once. You may need a prep solvent that they sell also. But you may have something that works as good.

There was someone on the Caddy forum, who said this is a very good match, also a SEM product, but not a custom mix. Might be a cheaper fix, but I have never tried.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SEM-15213-Color-Coat-Bluemist-Spray-Paint-Aerosol-Can-12-oz/362330061174?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Tom

Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Faded interior door panels on RMW   Faded interior door panels on RMW Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2020 8:13 pm

^^^^ Tom knows what's up that is what you need. spend the cash it's worth it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Faded interior door panels on RMW   Faded interior door panels on RMW Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Faded interior door panels on RMW
Page 1 of 1