GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Door panels swap??? Interior colors???

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Caddydaddy13

Caddydaddy13

Door panels swap??? Interior colors??? Empty
PostSubject: Door panels swap??? Interior colors???   Door panels swap??? Interior colors??? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 5:38 pm

I'm still kinda new with the Buicks, but do the Roadmaster sedan door panels interchange with the wagon door panels? I found some pretty nice panels locally in a sedan, and i noticed they have door speakers which I don't think mine do?

And also were there two different color tan interiors from 94-96?? For some reason i think the tan looks lighter than mine? I know hard for you guys with no pics, just thought someone mught know off hand.

Also does the stainless belt trim interchange from sedan to wagon on the doors?

~Thanks
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Door panels swap??? Interior colors???   Door panels swap??? Interior colors??? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 5:53 pm

As for the door panel, yes, they fit...... providing you stay with LT1/LT1 and TBI/TBI.

As for the trim, I THINK they are different. Wagon is held in with pins/clips and the sedan with tape.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Door panels swap??? Interior colors???   Door panels swap??? Interior colors??? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 6:29 pm

The 94-96 Roadmaster sedans and wagons have the same front door panels. Rears are different. 91-93 all front panels are the same except for the Roadmaster bezels, but the Caprice sedan, Roadmaster sedan, and wagon rears are different from each other with the same bezels as the fronts. The Caprice, and OCC front panels are all the same for every year, and model, and rears are different from sedans to wagons. The other difference is color from 91-93 and 94-96.

Some bezels are different. The woodgrain look can be different, as well as the texture. Some low option cars have just the insert for the door handle vs. the long bezel with the grab handle. These panels can be modified to fit the long bezel.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Door panels swap??? Interior colors???   Door panels swap??? Interior colors??? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 6:38 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:
.... Some low option cars have just the insert for the door handle vs. the long bezel with the grab handle...
You say hurtful things...
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Door panels swap??? Interior colors???   Door panels swap??? Interior colors??? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 8:58 pm

jimbeau wrote:
Fred Kiehl wrote:
.... Some low option cars have just the insert for the door handle vs. the long bezel with the grab handle...
You say hurtful things...
You must be from the low option side of town. Deal with it. I won't hold it against you.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Door panels swap??? Interior colors???   Door panels swap??? Interior colors??? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 10:25 pm

heh heh... I thought I got a 'well optioned' 1A2 because it had power windows.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Door panels swap??? Interior colors???   Door panels swap??? Interior colors??? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 10:35 pm

It is all a matter of perspective.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Door panels swap??? Interior colors???   Door panels swap??? Interior colors??? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 11:40 pm

I am a simple man.
I live a simple life.
The End.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Door panels swap??? Interior colors???   Door panels swap??? Interior colors??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:15 am

Does that make you a Simpleton?
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Door panels swap??? Interior colors???   Door panels swap??? Interior colors??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:53 am

Why... yes, flasherrhoid... it does!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Door panels swap??? Interior colors???   Door panels swap??? Interior colors??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:24 am

I want door pulls. lol Mom's OCC has them, my car doesn't.

Makes me sad.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Door panels swap??? Interior colors???   Door panels swap??? Interior colors??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 3:02 am

They're pretty useless, other than looks. The armrest grip is closer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Door panels swap??? Interior colors???   Door panels swap??? Interior colors??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 9:25 am

jimbeau wrote:
They're pretty useless, other than looks. The armrest grip is closer.
Same as you are,right jimblow?
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Door panels swap??? Interior colors???   Door panels swap??? Interior colors??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 6:29 pm

I mean, come ON. What kind of pansy reaches out to 'clutch' the decorative 'strap',
rather than just grabbin' the tried & true armrest handle to get the job done?
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Door panels swap??? Interior colors???   Door panels swap??? Interior colors??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 6:42 pm

I'm partial to that "decorative strap"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Door panels swap??? Interior colors???   Door panels swap??? Interior colors??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 7:00 pm

I have no front arm rests. They are both destroyed, and my driver's door panel is cracked where it belongs.

I want the straps. Sad

Seriously though, they're nice.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Door panels swap??? Interior colors???   Door panels swap??? Interior colors??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 7:35 pm

Here I am, surrounded by gay people.
smh...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Door panels swap??? Interior colors???   Door panels swap??? Interior colors??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 8:13 pm

And you feel right at home,finally!
Back to top Go down
scoffman

scoffman

PostSubject: Re: Door panels swap??? Interior colors???   Door panels swap??? Interior colors??? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 11:14 am

I like the recessed handle style better than the strap.
Door panels swap??? Interior colors??? SAM_1109
Back to top Go down
scoffman

scoffman

PostSubject: Re: Door panels swap??? Interior colors???   Door panels swap??? Interior colors??? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 11:34 am

Sorry here's a better picture of the recessed pull handle:
Door panels swap??? Interior colors??? SAM_1114

One word of advice, if you are going to remove the door panel, the recessed handle trim piece does not have to be seperated from the panel for removal. The previous owner tried to removed the front door panels thinking he had to seperate the handle trim piece from the door panel first, which resulted in it getting broken. Crying or Very sad

Not a hard thing to break considering they are only attached with small plastic rivets/tabs. The only thing you have to remove from the recessed handle trim piece are the two screws for the pull handle. It does not have to be seperated from the door panel to remove the door panel.

Oh well at least the pull handle screws keep the trim piece seated in the panel well enough that I don't have to fiqure out a way to reattach those plastic rivets/tabs.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Door panels swap??? Interior colors???   Door panels swap??? Interior colors??? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 11:53 am

Hmmmm, so it doesn't anchor to the door frame at all, other than the usual suspects?
Seems like a good yank would pull out one of the christmas trees.
Back to top Go down
scoffman

scoffman

PostSubject: Re: Door panels swap??? Interior colors???   Door panels swap??? Interior colors??? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 12:52 pm

No I'm meaning that the complete door panel is still anchored to the door via all the other screws and plastic upholstery christmas tree pins. However the rectangular trim piece which houses the recessed pull handle, door lock, door handle, and power mirror knob, is only anchored to the door panel via the two screws for the pull handle now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Door panels swap??? Interior colors???   Door panels swap??? Interior colors??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Door panels swap??? Interior colors???
Page 1 of 1