GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Strange piece in a/c box. What is it?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike S

Mike S

Strange piece in a/c box. What is it? Empty
PostSubject: Strange piece in a/c box. What is it?   Strange piece in a/c box. What is it? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 11:20 am

I recently resealed the lower pan in my 1993 Caprice wagon and found this part. The white probe was inserted in a hole drilled next to the blower resistor. It has eight small holes drilled in it. The gray piece was just hanging. They are connected by a rubber hose. Anyone have an idea what this is?
Attachments
Strange piece in a/c box. What is it? AttachmentSAM_0633_small.jpg
White probe and gray piece
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(27 Kb) Downloaded 39 times
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

PostSubject: Re: Strange piece in a/c box. What is it?   Strange piece in a/c box. What is it? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 12:24 pm

Refrigerant leak detector probe?
Back to top Go down
gmtech

gmtech

PostSubject: Re: Strange piece in a/c box. What is it?   Strange piece in a/c box. What is it? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 3:03 pm

That is part of an A/C evaporator cleaning kit that fits on top of an aerosol can to dispense the cleaning agent into the air distribution box. Used primarily to reduce the formation of mold in the evaporator core area.
Back to top Go down
Mike S

Mike S

PostSubject: Re: Strange piece in a/c box. What is it?   Strange piece in a/c box. What is it? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 7:54 pm

Thanks GMtech. I can see the white piece being used for that but the gray piece doesn't look like it fits on anything, BUT,I've never seen an evap cleaning kit either. Again, thanks for the reply.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange piece in a/c box. What is it?   Strange piece in a/c box. What is it? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strange piece in a/c box. What is it?
Page 1 of 1