GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

side wall clearence

Go down 
AuthorMessage
goldwolfnhn

side wall clearence Empty
PostSubject: side wall clearence   side wall clearence Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 8:30 pm

used an old rim from one of my 90 suburbans as a spare and fitted it on my 94 rmw today, but noticed that unlike with the stock buick aluminum rims which on the rear I can easily fit my hand between the tire sidewall and the lip on the skirt, but with the suburban rim on, while I can still fit my hand between the sidewall and the skirt lip it's tight as both side scrap my hand, so was wondering if anyone here happened to know how much clearance I need there, as I do tend to take corners fast, and sometimes boot stomp it around corners causing the car to fishtail slightly.

I'm also planning on possibly taking the rest of the rims from that suburban so that I can easily run a second set of tires, one set for spring, summer, and fall, and another set for winter.
Back to top Go down

side wall clearence
Page 1 of 1